We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Locanda--Formal?

Roseville...
Level Contributor
494 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
La Locanda--Formal?

I haven't seen any threads about what is considered Formal wear, but please excuse me if I missed them.

We are going to be in Cuz/Lima for 16 days and I'm just starting to figure out what to pack.

We typically go to at least one really nice restaurant for our anniversary, and I am looking at La Locanda for the restaurant in Lima.

But what exactly is Formal wear in Lima? Formal can often mean full on Tux, or suit, at the very least, with a woman being able to wear a very dress. But I don't think husband wants to pack Tux...hasn't wanted to schlep it on the last few cruises either.

However, "Formal" might not mean a Tux/Suit so I figured I had better ask first before I cross if off my list.

Thanks!!!

Dawn

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,369 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

No tux at all, neither a coat and tie.

Just smart dress is fine.

La Locanda ? Not even on the list of good Lima restaurants ! Just found it, its just the restaurant at the Swiss hotel, not considered one of the best anyway.

Edited: 9:52 pm, October 13, 2013
Roseville...
Level Contributor
494 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

Well, Trip Advisor is all I really have to go on and for some unknown reason, it shows up as the #2 restaurant on Trip Advisor. However, the website states the attire is formal so I may just email the restaurant too. A lot of folks don't mind feeling out of place because they are on vacation, but we kind of like to dress the way the local patrons would dress. Hopefully you are correct! Smart dress is definitely doable.

Thanks!

-----------------------------------

La Locanda - Swissotel Lima

Ranked #2 of 783 in Lima

5 of 5 stars 110 reviews

“One of the best in Lima” 10/10/2013

“one of the best, anywhere!” 10/06/2013

Cuisines: Mediterranean

Map | Visitor photos (38)

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,369 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

Check here for the list of best restaurants in Lima and other cities.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294316-s501/Lima:Per…

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
671 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

In La Locanda, Swissotel, is a good restaurant. You can login with shirt and blue jeans. No problem, they are flexible.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
671 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

www.larosanautica.com

www.restaurantecostaverde.com

www.brujasdecachiche.com.pe

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

This restaurant is awesome, I went there on my recent trip to Lima and had dinner with some investors, the attire is just plain normal, nothing fancy, so don't worry about it too much and go ahead and enjoy one of the best Peruvian restaurants cuisine. The food is incredible and the staff very but very helpful.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
494 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

Thanks Robert C for the update.

The reviews are pretty great...thanks for posting.

Dawn

8. Re: La Locanda--Formal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 18, 2014