We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices in LIMA

Dordrecht
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices in LIMA

I know there are many topics about taxi prices but most of them are a bit old.

I was wondering if anybody went recently to Lima and took the official taxis from the airport. And of course, what the latest prices are to Miraflores.

For Taxi Green I found people mentioning quotes from 45 to 75 PEN for this service. That's quite a difference considering they're supposed to be fixed price. Which is the correct one? They quoted me 60 soles via email.

CMV quoted me 43 dollars, MITSOO 56 dollars!!!

My hotel is working with taxidirecto which is reasonably priced (50 PEN) but they say they offer "30 minutes of courtesy in waiting time from the arrival of the aircraft at the airport". That sounds a bit short. Not sure how long it takes to get your luggage and clear customs in Lima but in Amsterdam you can wait for your luggage anywhere from 15 mins to 1h!

Berlin, Germany
12 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

If you book in advance it is always more expensive because they are going to charge for the fact that one guy has to wait for especially you with a card with your name on it. If your plane is late either way he needs to wait and in that time he can´t transport other tourists. Wen I arrived I saw a big line waiting for a cab at the taxi green booth, I guess they didn´t book in advance so for like 10 dollars more you could skip that line or make sure you don´t lose a lot of time at the airport. But besides that you could just approach the taxi green booth and arrange a cab there for less.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

There should only be a slight variation in Taxi Green prices...the prices will be posted near the kiosks which are after you clear customs.

The other two companies at the counter are "remisse" service for "executive" services...fancier and usually with a higher level of security but not really needed for your average tourist...Taxi Green is just fine.

With Taxi Green the taxis are not green...and it is possible your driver will not know all hotels in all neighborhoods so bring the names of the major cross streets and maybe a little blow up Google Map of the vicinity. Lima has some one way streets and I know the taxis always miss the turn for my hostal.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

Taxi Green has no surcharge for booking in advance !

Dordrecht
Level Contributor
51 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

Well they asked for 60 Soles via email so I guess they do.

mlbg, already have the map printed :)

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

Simple common sense is the order of the day here. No need to over obsess on a taxi, it's not rocket science really. When you depart Lima airport you'll see cabs with advertised fares. Even so you can probably bargain them to 45 soles anyhow. BTW, do not be afraid to bargain the prices in Peru.

Regards.

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
2 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

I just returned last night from Lima, Peru. Here's the latest:

Customs is fairly fast (depending on how many international flights are coming in at the same time). As soon as you come to the customs room, you need to stay left (unless the line is very long, then there may be an official trying to tell everyone that they can go either way).

The bags from the plane can take a while. I waited a long time for bags and even peeked behind the carousel curtain to see what was taking them so long...they were slowly pulling one bag at a time from the cart, looking at the tag manually on each bag and deciding whether or not to put it on the ground, carousel, or back in the cart. They were in NO HURRY. Bags literally were put on about 30 seconds from each other. Could have just been that time and airline, but it is NOT fast.

When you get your bags, go through customs...there are several lines....go past the first two which almost everyone goes to....there is a 3rd and 4th line that are short, you get your bags all scanned once more and then head through doors to a short hallways where you can get a reserved taxi.

If you are nervous about taxis, I would recommend you just get one of these. May cost you a few more dollars, but once you leave those doors to the outer area, you will be overrun with taxi drivers trying to hook you. Some are trustworthy, others could take you for a ride or even get robbed (as some stories I've heard). Take the safe path and a little more money over saving a dollar and perhaps risking more.

Lima, Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

Taxis to places like La Molina are always more expensive than say, San Isidro because of the traffic and distance. Companies charge around 40-50 soles from Miraflores or San Isidro to the Airport.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
134 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

We used TaxiDirecto in conjunction with Hotel Ibis Miraflores on Aug. 20 at 9PM. Transport was booked in advance with no deposit. The driver was waiting for us with a sign. Time from deplaning to sitting in the taxi was 25 minutes, however we had no checked luggage. The fee was 19 USD. Hotel said their guests got special rates. The car was new and did not look like a taxi. I have taken taxis all over the world and this was the safest most professional driver I have ever had. In my future travels I will consider hotel arranged transportation even if it costs more.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

on my recently visit to Lima for business I booked my taxi online with taxi green but I never had a confirmation reply, hence I found another company taxidatum, they replied my booking right away, prices pretty much the same.

Edited: 2:03 am, September 04, 2013
20. Re: Taxi prices in LIMA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 06, 2014