We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A translation por favor?

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
A translation por favor?

Hola

Would someone who is fluent in conversational Spanish be able to provide a translation for me to write down and give to the taxi driver. I would like to take a cab from my hotel to Cerro San Cristobal get the cab to wait for us and then drive us into the city centre. If I can hand him the written instructions and I can be sure he will wait for us I will be much more confident about doing this little bit of sightseeing by ourselves. Can anyone be of help? Thanks so much if possible.

So my English instructions are:

Drive us to the top of Cerro San Cristobal please

Wait 15 or 20 minutes for us to have a look around and take some photographs

Then please drive us to Plaza de Armas in the city centre.

I understand the word for how much is "cuanto" so I think I can handle that. But the other is a bit of difficult to get across and I am sure if it was written down we would have no trouble getting our meaning across.

Gracias Sue

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A translation por favor?

Llevenos por favor al Cerro San Cristobal..

Espere por nosotros de 15 a 20 minutos mientras damos un vistazo y tomamos fotos, luego por favor nos lleva a la Plaza de Armas en el Centro.

Cuánto nos va a cobrar? (how much will you charge us?)

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A translation por favor?

Wow thankyou that was quick. I just love this website. Such generous people so willing to help out others. We are going in October so this will be the first time I can give some great reviews, I am hoping, and return in a small way all the good advice that has been offered to me.

Mucho mucho gracias Sue

Lima
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A translation por favor?

De nada, amiga. Disfruta Peru!

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A translation por favor?

Hey you do know that you can go to the Plaza de Armas in Lima and pay 5 soles per person to ride up to the top of Cerro San Cristobal don't you? Why waste money paying a taxi driver? It's gonna cost you a lot more that way.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,369 posts
504 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A translation por favor?

I suggest you book the taxi through your hotel, or call Taxi Satelital at 3555555

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,538 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A translation por favor?

If you have your hotel arrange the taxi for you, if he speaks no English at all they'll tell him where to take you and to wait. Very common for hotels to do this. You are not the first non Spanish speaking tourist to need a taxi for some sightseeing.

Sydney
Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A translation por favor?

Thanks to all the replies. I have read all the recent and past posts on tripadvisor and did contemplate the inexpensive bus ride to San Cristobal from the Plaza de Armas. However I am very short on time arriving in Lima on a morning flight and have booked a 4 hour Lima walks tour in the afternoon (another Tripadvisor suggestion). I fly out of Lima for the Sacred Valley the next morning. I am about 25 minutes taxi ride form the city centre and 25 minutes taxi ride form San Cristobal which would be a 20Sole taxi fare approximately. If I go to the city centre via San Cristobal it will probably cost me about 20Soles for the taxi to wait 15 to 20 minutes and another 5Sole to get to the Plaza de Armas where my tour starts. All in all I am only spending an extra 20Soles and I get to see the great views of Lima from San Cristobal thereby maximising the time I have available. What is 20Soles in the grand scheme of things a mere $10 in my own currency.

I have sought your advice Xochitl on earlier posts regarding taxi costs and I will also consult taxi Satelital as you suggested when I get to Lima however I wanted to be well prepared with the translation before I go just in case. This is such a great site to be able to get such valuable information so one can be so well prepared thankyou all so very much. Sue

8. Re: A translation por favor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 06, 2014