We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lima question

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Lima question

I will be traveling to several countries in South America very soon and Lima, Peru is one of them. Currently my ticket from Argentina to Lima is only one way because I won't know the country I will be going to after Peru until a couple months from now.

The travel.state.gov website says that visitors to Lima must have proof of onward travel. My question is, how can I provide proof of onward travel when I don't know where I'll be going after Lima yet?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lima question

if work related get a letter from employer?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lima question

Really your biggest problem will happen when boarding the plane in Buenos Aires, as airlines are responsible for checking you have an outbound ticket.

When going trough immigrations in Lima they could also ask for your exit ticket, but its not the norm. You can tell them you will be going by bus from Puno to La Paz.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lima question

Do you have a ticket out of South America at all? That plus an itinerary may be enough if you are asked.

You can make a one-night reservation in Bolivia and show the reservation (something that is inexpensive or can be cancelled).

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lima question

You can also print out an itinerary on any travel website and tell them that's what you plan to do.

5. Re: Lima question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 01, 2014