We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Hatfield...
10 posts
Save Topic
Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

I am planning a trip to Trujillo and it turns out that the cheapest way to get there is by booking two separate tickets. One from PHL to LIM and the other from LIM to TRU. This means I would have to re-checkin in Lima at the airport. Should I be worried about doing this or is the Lima Airport easy to navigate for a first time traveler to Peru??

Thanks in advance!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

You will have to re-check in anyway, as you are coming from an international flight to a domestic one.

Going through immigrations and customs are a must anyway.

Hatfield...
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Yes I realized this but I just wanted to know how easy it would be. Is the airport easy to navigate/safe.

Edited: 5:53 pm, May 07, 2013
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Yes it is.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
120 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Lima airport is really easy to get around. On LimaEasy you find as well a map and lots of info on Jorge Chavez limaeasy.com/lima-info/lima-international-ai…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
15,175 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

You should be worried about separate tickets in any airport as, if you miss the connection, you'll lose the second ticket and will have to rebuy it last minute, which could be expensive and may not be available. You can do it but leave lots of time as a contingency.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

allow timeat airport on trip back to philly as you have to turn in the white peru immigration card in lima, done after check in, after security and just before the gate.

This one line took us 45 minutes.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Hi Peru Experts ,

Regarding about the airport in Lima,I need some advice please.

My flight will arrival very early in morning like 6 Am,but my cousin will arrival only late afternoon around 1600, I have to wait for her and go to town together..as no point I go and back again to airport,or two taxi down..afterall I dont want her to get lost..(She never travel so far alone before ;P)

May I know is there anywhere inside the airport I can sleep for few hour,is it save to to do? in the lounge maybe ( I dont mind to pay for it) Or better to stay at the near by hotel for few hour? Any budget hostel within walking distance?..well I just wondering how am I going to spend that few hour after the long flight..;((

Ang suggestion?

Thank you

Bluedress

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Airport hotel will cost you a couple of hundred dollars.

Go by the food court and take a nap, many people do.

Penang Island...
Level Contributor
118 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Thank you very much ;))

Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jorge Chavez Airport Check-In

Beware of the check-in time at Jorge Chavez airport for international departures. We arrived at 06h35 for a 08h45 departure with Air Canada on a Saturday morning. Everything was quick and easy at baggage drop off and security. We then arrived at the emmigration where the line up was at least 45 minutes. We were told it gets busier! We ended up with 20 minutes to spare before boarding. Do yourself a favour and arrive well in advance of your departure!