We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

Yuma, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

Hello I am planning a to Peru and looking for places to stay. This will be a first trip for me so I am looking to see if anyone has any places they would recommend. The Peru Star looks very nice and I will most likely book it but as my trip is not fully planned yet I am open to areas of interest and also accommodations. I like quiet yet enjoy talking with other travellers when I am staying in places.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

First, where are you going in Peru? Most people seem to stay in Miraflores while in Lima. Thats what we have always done. I will be trying Barranco in a few months.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Miraflores
Miraflores
13,055 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Barranco
Barranco
5,772 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
5,058 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

In Lima we usualy recomend Miraflores House or for those that want to be close to the airport, Peru Road Trip

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Miraflores House
Miraflores House
131 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

A great small hotel for first time visitors in Lima (Barranco) is 3B Barranco. The hotel staff are very friendly and enjoy speaking with and helping guests with their travels (no charge). You have breakfast in the lobby in the morning so also a chance to meet with other travelers.

But it is not a hostel where young people hang out and drink, if that is what you are looking for.

#1 rating on TA B&Bs (a small breakfast made to order is included in the price, as well as all day coffee and tea and free internet).

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294316-d154…

Edited: 10:28 am, May 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Barranco
Barranco
5,772 Reviews
Lima, Peru
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

Your post doesn't indicate whether you're looking for Lima, or elsewhere.

If you're thinking of staying in Lima, my advice would be - don't, if at all possible. Get out of the city as soon as you can.

If you're heading to Huacca China (the oasis area outside of Ica) the Hosteria Suiza is a bit quirky but nice, beautiful location and hot breakfast, with the staff a bit hit or miss but overall accommodating.

If you're heading to Cusco - which is ever so much nicer than Lima - the Hotel Siete Ventanas and Hotel Ruinas are both very nice, very reasonably priced (they offered rates significantly below the posted rates), very helpful staff, and the Ruinas has a lovely breakfast buffet. They are within walking distance to one of the main plaza and market areas, with many nice restaurants and shops close by, and far less expensive than the Marriott and others in the same area. One piece of advice, at the Siete Ventanas get a room on the upper floor if you can, the view is lovely and it will minimize the street noise.

Edited: 3:18 pm, May 03, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Ica
Ica
Ica Region, Peru
Hosteria Suiza
Hosteria Suiza
222 Reviews
Huacachina, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Hotel Ruinas
Hotel Ruinas
285 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Dexter, Michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

Not only where are you going but what is your budget? In dollars not adjectives.

6. Re: Heading to Peru looking for a few accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, May 05, 2014