We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

Looking for suggestions. We will have Saturday night until Monday late afternoon here. Looks like we will be staying at 3B Hostel in Barranco thanks to advise on here. Dont like all night discos, but do like to go out for drinks and see live music.

Have been to the gold Museum, Pachacamac, and city tours before, also Larcomar and Parque Kennedy. Also is it possible to walk to the beach from Barranco? Thanks

Haku Tours
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Peruvian Local Friend
Walking Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Condor Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
Alternative Peru - Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

Glad you got into 3 B! There are some peñas in Barranco with folkloric dances. I haven't been to any of them. Saturday night is the best bet. If no one else answers your post here, you might email 3B and ask for advice. If you want a splurge dinner it is a good idea to make a reservation. Some Lima restaurants allow this online or 3B can call for you.

Edited: 6:16 am, April 17, 2013
Texas
Level Contributor
141 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

Thanks for the advise migb, you've helped me out quite abit over the last few years. Have you ever heard of a place called Costa Brava in Barranco? I saw it online and said it was a good place to go in the afternoon to drink and listen to live music.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

Sorry no personal experience with live music

Napa Valley, CA
Level Contributor
2,081 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

I hope you get some good suggestions. We will be staying at 3B for three nights after our trip to Cusco in July. Also love music, good wine, and of course good food. I will check into some recommendations from a friend and get back to you on what he had recommended in that area.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

There is a wine bar right across the street.

6. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, April 19, 2013
7. Re: Any Suggestions for a Sunday/Sunday night around Barranco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 21, 2014