We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to get a special key copy in Lima

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to get a special key copy in Lima

I'm in Lima and I cannot get a copy of my house key.

I have been everywhere in San Isidro: indipendent shops, Wong, Tottum but nobody has the same type of key to make a copy.

My key is quite squared and thick, similar to the ones that need a code but it doesn't actually need a code.

I'd appreciate if you can give me an address where they make copies of all sort of keys.

This is driving me mad!

Many thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to get a special key copy in Lima

do they have a phone book? yellow pages?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to get a special key copy in Lima

Yes, they do. Probably I do not know what type of shop make copies so I don't know what to look for.

Houston
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to get a special key copy in Lima

There is an Ace Hardware that is huge (with a KFC inside) that my husband and I always visit together when I am in Lima. I would guess that they might be able to help you out.

A good locksmith should be able to copy a key freehand or right there in shop. I have actually seen one copy a key that was left in the seat of a vehicle by looking through the window and filing at the key until it was right to open the lock. (I would guess that this is the ultimate in super-locksmith-powers, though.)

One of the things I really love about South Americans is the pride and pleasure taken in true artistry and producing quality work.

Come to think of it, a jeweler might be able to help you, too. It might be worth a shot to just ask while you are out shopping.

If you are in a serious pinch, go on youtube and look at how to copy a key yourself using the lid to a canned product.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
31 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to get a special key copy in Lima

Sounds great!

Thanks so much

5. Re: Where to get a special key copy in Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014