We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
204 reviews
Save Topic
Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Which are the safe Taxi's to use in Lima from the Airport and also around Lima.

Are there particular companies that ensure their drivers are honest?

Which companies are best to use?

Thanks

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

The one that has the stand inside the airport, Green Taxi is the official one

Mark - www.trektheandes.com

Silicon Valley CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Look for the nicest cars, they won't be hard to spot. And negotiate the fare before you get in. It's good to say "es demasiado caro" and look like you're going to walk away. If you look European you'll be paying more. (Caro = expensive BTW)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Our hotel recommended the hotel cars , more expensive but clean with a trustworthy driver. when pushed on street cabs they recommended if I remember mertopolitano (?) - white cabs , mostly new with a colored band across the front 2 feet /hood area only. we used some of those then found a driver for the week who took us most places.

4. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, April 08, 2013
Lima
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

My friend best taxis u take inside the airport and talk to the person maybe he can do it a special job for u driving u around for less price

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Taxi Satelital phone 3555555. They will pick you up within 15 minutes from wherever you are.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

From the airport, take Taxi Green, they have a stand before you exit the airport from the international arrivals area. You can pay at the stand and they accept USD.

In Lima, you can take street taxi's during the day, but you are always taking a risk with that. The most popular secure taxi services (that will not carry huge price tags like your hotel taxi) are:

Taxi Seguro, Taxi Real and Taxi Satellital (google any of these for their numbers). Both Taxi Seguro and Taxi Real will require you to provide a pick up location and time, and sometimes you need to call hours in advance to get a taxi available (especially rush hour and weekends at night). Taxi satellital can detect your location (if calling from a landline) or they also have an app that detects your location and they send you the closest cab int heir system that is available in the area. Usually you get a taxi in 10 - 15 minutes. The only problem with this is that you can't arrange for a pick-up several hours later (you can with Taxi real and taxi seguro).....taxi satellital is only on demand and they send a car right away.

Lima
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

Dont take taxi satelital in Lima, the only thing they do right is to come relatively quickly to point A, but getting point B is a matter of luck. Last sunday I asked for a service to pick my old parents with the address of destiny. The driver didnt have the info, so he didnt know where to go. My parents are in their 80. After driving around, the driver drop my parents in an unknown place and took about 8 dollars for that "service". At the same time I was calling to know where the taxi was, they did not even know about the service. They call themselves "the most modern taxi service around the world" which is not true. They just pick you up on time, and you can book them by phone, by internet, etc but in case of emergency, they do not have direct communications with their drivers who do not really belong to the company, but are particulars with cars. I am making a formal claim for neglect and they dont even call me back.........Trust me if you want to reach point B safe, dont call them!!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

I do not agree with Jackie M comment.

I have used and continue using Taxi Satelital with no problems whatsoever.

If they are capable to find and pick you up, how come they are incapable to deliver you ?

Makes no sense to me .

10. Re: Which are the safe Taxi Companies to use in Lima?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, August 27, 2013