We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on "waiting" at night in Lima to travel on to Trujilo

Bay Area, California
Level Contributor
22 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on "waiting" at night in Lima to travel on to Trujilo

We are going from SFO to Trujillo. We have to fly United (redeeming travel certificates) so we have limitations on how and when we get there. We will arrive in Lima at 10:20pm, and won't be able to catch the last plane to Trujillo. We are looking for advice on whether to get a place to stay for the night (close and easy to get to), or should we just wait for the early AM flight. I think the first one leaves at about 6am.

I know there are night buses too and we are taking some later in our trip, but prefer to fly for this part of the trip.

thanks for your help

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on "waiting" at night in Lima to travel on to Trujilo

The airport is 24/7 and isn't the worst place to spend the night.

I've used a local b&b and recommend B& B de Ki ke, www.Lima1night.com

Nice family. price includes pickup, pc use for printing boarding passes, lite breakfast, free rooster alarm clock with automatic snooze button. Good reviews on TA.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on "waiting" at night in Lima to travel on to Trujilo

Outside of the departure lounge there really isn't anywhere to sit, other than the restaurant area. Getting a place to spend the night is probably worth while. Perhaps as recommended above.

3. Re: Advice on "waiting" at night in Lima to travel on to Trujilo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 12, 2014