We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping lima

Manasquan, New...
Level Contributor
130 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
shopping lima

Will be there for 3 days. Want to Christmas shop. What can I buy there? Nice. Should I wait until usco to purchase Alpaca? Peru Silver? Any gem stone jewerly? No junk, please. I am not carting poor quality home. Any suggestions?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,530 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping lima

If you are staying in the Miraflores area, you can go to Larcomar were you will find good shops selling Peruvian handicrafts and excellent Alpaca stuff ( shop is called Alpaca 111) as well as jewelry.

You can also go to Jockey Plaza mall.

Another popular place is the Indian Market in Pettit Thouars Ave.in Miraflores for cheaper local handicrafts.

Many jewelry stores and antiques are in La Paz Ave.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shopping lima

In front of Av. Aurelio Miro Quesada (El Golf) there is the Country Hotel, there is located a nice and elegant store (peruvian silver). The prices are ok and the service is great.

Also, you can go to a nice (the nicest in town for my taste) jewelry in Calle Pallardelle (San Isidro District). If you pay cash, they give you big discounts. The prices are fair.

Good luck.

Snow White

3. Re: shopping lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 12, 2009