We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance from Callao to Lima

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Distance from Callao to Lima

My husband & I are arriving by cruise at Callao. How far

isit to Lima? Are taxis readily available at the port how

much does it cost to get to Lima.

thanks

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

thank YOU so much. We will take precautions. I suppose they will take US$? or should we have local currency? How long have you been living there? What's your story?

Peggy

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
444 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

Most taxi's will only take Soles, not US dollars. Better to have a small amount on you for taxi and then when in Miraflores you can pay for many things in US dollars or change money easily there.

Lima
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

Just general precautions, like visiting many of other countries: do not put excessive jewelry, expensive watches etc on you..have only cash what you are going to spend, watch your valet - pickpockets in Lima are right and left, especially if you gringo/tourist..Stay in public, never go alone anywhere with anyone and do not let any phony guides/locals to take you anywhere..Stay alert! People will be approaching you with all kind of non-senses - cheap tours, selling you things or just begging for the money...Politely but firmly say NO! You are on organized tour, so this is great. I hope you enjoy your time en Lima. It is a huge city, almost 9 millions, with all negative and positive things it may bring....I have been living in Lima for almost 8 years and ironically I work for Carnival Cruise Lines as well..Is it a cruise that you are arriving at Feb15 on Splendor? Any questions - just ask. Will be more than happpy to help! :)

Edited: 10:50 am, December 29, 2012
Oceanside...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

Ego, Ha! Yes we are on the cruise of a lifetime actually! We start in Long Beach on Feb. 3 hit 22 ports around the horn of South America and sail past the Statue of Liberty on the morning of March 23! It's a repositioning cruise (actually 3 cruises) for the Splendor. We want to get on the hop on hop off tour which includes the city and Callao and Palomino Islands. It starts at 9am, want to pay in advance online through Viators, but it would be nice to know that we will make it from the ship to the starting point by 9. thanks again for your help. I'll keep in touch! If you work for Carnival maybe it's ok to meet us for dinner or something on the ship? We don't leave until 8pm. Let me know!

ala
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

Arriving at 12AM and would like to go to the ship---is taxis outside the airport safe?

frank

16. Re: Distance from Callao to Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 02, 2014