We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel near airport

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel near airport

Hey~~

I'm looking for a nice but cheap/affordable hostel to stay at the night I land in LIMA which will be late (around 7pm). I'm looking to find a place where I can go check out Circuito Magico del Agua and I'm flying out to Cuzco the next morning early flight (10am).

Anyone have any suggestions for a good cheap location?

Thanks!!

Edited: 2:33 pm, June 20, 2011
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel near airport

If you plan to visit the Circuito del Agua, you might as well stay at a hotel in the miraflores,Barranco or San Isidro areas who offer many more choices for all types of budgets.

Just check this forum for recommendations.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel near airport

Do you know how far of a drive it is from the airport? I've been looking at hostels in San Isidro.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel near airport

From the airport to San Isidro or Miraflores is about a 45 minute drive, depending on the traffic (rush hour)

You will probably find much more traffic going from the airport area to the Water fountains than from SI or M which is about a 20 to 30 minute drive maximum.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel near airport

Hmmm okay I will look into some hostals in that area. Thanks for the info :) Any recommendations on hostals in either of those areas?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel near airport

La castellana is a great choice

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel near airport

Try this hostal, close to airport and they pick you up. We have not stayed here yet but are booked in for September. It gets good reviews TA

http://www.paypurix.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
76 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostel near airport

I have a similar situation- fly in to Lima in the late pm and leave in early am to Cusco.

I booked one night at Pay Purix Hostel. It has good reviews and it is close to the airport. Great communication with the owner.

I guess I will find out next week:)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hostel near airport

Hmm thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll look it up and definitely write my reviews when I get back as well

9. Re: Hostel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 02, 2012