We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Shows in Lima

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
652 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Shows in Lima

While in Lima, we want to go to a dinner show that expresses the dances and cultures of the country.

Can anyone reccomend this type of entertaiment that would be in the Miraflores area? Which one do you like the best?

Thank you for your info!!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Shows in Lima

La Dama Juana in Larcomar, Miraflores.

It has a buffet diner or lunch with a dance show, just what you are looking for.

http://ladamajuana.com.pe/

cleveland, oh
Level Contributor
652 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Shows in Lima

Thank you Xochitl for your prompt answer. You are always so helpful and offer excellent advice.

We are looking forward to visiting your beautiful city and nearby cities in September.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Shows in Lima

You are very welcomed.

I hope you have a great time when visiting my country.

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Shows in Lima

What you are looking for is called a Pena. Up in the mountains they will naturally be Indian based... ie... Condor Pasa (testing to see how old you are). There is another form... Huainyo (sp). Sounds like Red Chinese opera. Along the coast it's more apt to be a combo of Afro and Criollo. Rimac probably has the oldest pena. I'm presuming it is still running. Not sure about your going there. Cab is a must. Even I don't walk around Rimac at night unless trolling for muggers. Oh...yeh... nightlife is just that. If you walk into a club at 10pm and it's busy... they are probably finishing up lunch. 11pm-midnite is the starting hour. Keep that in mind for adjusting your sleep cycles if you are doing a lot of night stuff. Barranco is a good place for clubs... Not sure whose playing where but hotels know. Peña Del Carajo and La Candelaria.. both in Barranco, are good penas.

5. Re: Dinner Shows in Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 21, 2011