We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie, Colorado
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

What should I expect to pay for a taxi to Miraflores? My flight arrives at 11:00 pm. Will there be (reputable) taxis available that late? Where (inside or outside the terminal should I pick one up? Please advise.

1. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:04 pm, February 04, 2010
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
517 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

I was there 5 years ago, but no shortage of cabbies trying to get my business as soon as I stepped out of the secure area.

I'd suggest seeing if your hotel has an airport pickup service. A lot of international flights arrive at that time so don't worry about it being too late.

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
947 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

We were there last year and our hotel arranged for a taxi to pick us up. The cost was around $30.

Check with your hotel, I am sure they will arrange something for you. It is nice to get off the plane and see someone holding a sign with your name on it.

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

$30 is extortionate; the Taxi Green registered cabs are available 24 hours and will take you to Miraflores for 45 soles; most hotels charge about this as well.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
247 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

I was there in July - paid about 40-50 soles from Green Taxi inside the terminal (Right there when you walk out of customs - will probably approach you).

On the way back I just hailed a taxi from the street and bargained for the same price return. Hotel wanted 2x-3x that to take you to the airport in their service!

Was in Lima twice and was the same both times.

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

Incidentally, a fair price on the street from Miraflores to the airport is 25 soles.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,289 posts
501 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

World wide, its always the same.

Higher fares for airport outgoing than incoming.

At least, that is my experience.

lima
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

Best Arrange taxi thru your hotel, usually a taxi remisse to miraflores will cost you around $20 to $30 us dollars.

Or try any of the following cab companies.

Taxi Plus, (+51 1) 478 4555, 24 hours, drives all over Lima.

Taxi Lima Peru , (+51 1) 308-6184 http://limaperutaxi.com/ A Car&Limo service to consider for service to and from the airport,hourly rates,excellent prices and great service. All their Drivers speak English fluently and they also offer city tours upon request for a fee. dependable.

Taxi Seguro, (+51 1) 330 2795, [8] A bit expensive, but absolutely safe and punctual.

Taxi Real, (+51 1) 470 6263, [9] Safe and punctual, could be a bit expensive.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

Late night is very busy at Lima airport, it is when a lot of international flights seem to arrive. I don't think you will have trouble, it was a madhouse!

Some of the hotels will arrange a taxi and it is nice to see your name if you've never been thru Lima before. On the other hand depending on the hotel they may charge an excessive amount, or send a beat up old rattletrap. At least with Taxi Green you can get a look at what you will be spending 45 minutes to an hour in thru crazy traffic. BTW it is advised to put all of your luggage including carryon in the trunk, so don't be surprised if they suggest that. Smash and grab happens on the main Avenue away from the airport.

Milwaukee, WI
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from Lima airport to Miraflores

The post I'm writing about is now closed, so I'm wondering if you can tell me about your experience with the Surf Divas camp? I'm hoping to go this winter and, as you mentioned, they do not post any info on where the camp is located and the info on the hotels is pretty spotty.

Any info you have is helpful.

Thanks! -Amy