We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Lima

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
New Year's Eve in Lima

I know that this is a long way off but half the fun of travelling is the planning! My family (2 adults and 2 kids ages 16 and 12) will be in Lima on New Year's Eve 2008. We are planning on flying into Lima from Juliaca earlier in the day and our international flight home is at 3:55am on New Year's Day. Can anyone suggest a family friendly celebration in Lima? Will we have trouble getting a taxi to the airport after midnight?

Lima
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Lima

About the taxi to the airport, the best option would be to call and ask for one. The rates are a bit more expensive but it's a lot safer. You can check in the yellow pages, most of those companies are good.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Lima

You should arrange with yr hotel for the taxi airport pick up.

I would say you can go to Rosa Nautica, a nice restaurant in a pier by the beach with a good menu and some dancing probably.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Lima

Unfortunately we won't have a hotel in Lima as we fly into the city from Puno on the same day that we leave for home. Rather than sit in the airport all day, I thought that we could see some of the sights in Lima, watch fireworks if they have them anywhere and then make it back to the airport. Does anyone know if they have a fireworks display anywhere on New Year's Eve?

Kathy

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Lima

Probably by Larcomar in Miraflores.

Its overlooking the ocean ans has many restaurants,bars,cinemas and shops.

5. Re: New Year's Eve in Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, September 18, 2009