We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
74 posts
1 review
Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

I'll be arriving in Lima next Saturday night, and should have time available for a late dinner.

I was hoping to begin the trip right by having some ceviche! Would you have any recommendations for some of the better places near Kennedy Park (my hotel is a few blocks south of the park)? Looking for more of a casual atmosphere, doesn't need to be a fancy place.

The one I'm considering now is Punto Azul but there must be many good choices :)

Thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
49 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Hello Brian! For us locals, cebiche is not something we “usually” eat for dinner. This is more of a lunch dish, but don’t let me discourage you from seeking the best places (if they are open at night). In MirafloresPunta Sal” Malecón Cisneros. “El verídico de Fidel”. My favorite is in the district of BarrancoCanta Rana”!!! Enjoy your trip.

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
338 posts
2. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Hi,

usually Peruvians eat ceviche for lunch so good luck on finding a restaurant that serves it for dinner. Our suggestion would be El Gran Combo, located next to the park, in Calle Bonilla. They serve excellent seafood options.

Regards,

Magical Cuzco Tours Team

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Restaurant Delfino Mar - Address : Jorge Chavez 509 Miraflores - 12pm to 4pm only - 2 blocks from El Faro (Malecon). Not expensive and good quality. From Kennedy park walk to the ocean about 10 blocks.

London
Destination Expert
for Salta
Level Contributor
4,021 posts
289 reviews
4. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Another vote for Canta Rana in Barranco. One of our fave places when we rented an aparrment in Barranco and they do usually serve ceviche in the evenings if they have the fish. Although good ceviche relies on ultra fresh fish which will clearly be freshher in the mornings. We love going to Punta Azul at lunch and queuing for a table but have not been so impressed in the evenings. Be careful what you order there, portions are huge

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
138 posts
283 reviews
5. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

The Punta Azul is now open nights, mostly to accommodate tourists who tend to eat their main meal at dinner rather than at lunch. It is actually our favorite restaurant near Parque Kennedy, and we have found that the dinner menu is the same as the lunch menu and the fish is just as fresh (maybe a few hours older). Ceviches are good, as are the tiraderos (raw fish in various sauces).

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,948 posts
538 reviews
6. Re: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?

Pescados Capitales in La Mar Avenue opens at night time and has plenty seafood dishes, including ceviche(hot and cold)

Reply to: Recommendations for ceviche near Kennedy Park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lima