We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

Which Lima hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

I have looked at the previous forums and info about the fog and weather at different times of the year, but still have questions and would like some input please.

We will be returning from Cusco to Lima mid March and would prefer to take a later 2PM ish flight than the 11 am flights. The info indicates that there really should be no problem with fog at that time of year. Can anyone comment or reassure me? We have an outgoing international flight at 2am the next morning and don't want to miss it either!

Central Texas
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

Good Evening, Your post seems to indicate that you found a source for looking up historical weather and flight data. If so, would be kind enough to share that info.

We are scheduled to take the next flight after yours in mid April.

Thanks Bill

Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

The Weather Channel will give you a view of any city and has charts for the next 10 days and the yearly averages etc. interesting info. Here is the link for Cusco

weather.com/outlook/…

My original question looks a bit confused as I look back on it!

I was wanting to know how often cancellations actually occur in March. Has anyone had this happen to them due to the weather in March?

Fort Ogden, Florida
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

greetings vancouver52,

we are flying out of cusco on march04/07 to catch a connecting flight from lima to miami and based on my looking at various forums etcand checking with my tour rep in lima he stressed to me to take the early flight as they are in the rainy season andthe storms tend to increase in the afternoon and the chance of your flight being due to weather is greatly increased and being a licensed pilot with yrs of experience i would highly reccomend you take the earlier flight and possibly save yourself additional aggravation & put some quality memories to your trip instead of negative ones. also you may want to check on the web SKYTRAX at www.airlinequality.com as there is a lot of info on all the airlines,airports etc. heres a little tip try to sit on the left side of aircraft from lima to cusco and on the right side from cusco to lima because weather permitting the views are fantastic.

regards KEWATON

Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

Thanks kewatin, that is very valuable information for me.

Thanks too for the info on which side to sit on!

I will definitely be checking the website you mention next!

Enjoy your time in Peru!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

The Cusco airport closes at 5 pm. If you are booked on a late flight and the weather is bad, you will only have 3 hrs for the weatrher to clear.If you are booked on an earlier flight, you have many more chances for the weather to clear and for the flight to take off.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
31 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

Does this happen with any regularity in March?

7. Re: Flight cancellation Cusco to Lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 24, 2009