We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayahuasca Ceremony

Cartagena, Colombia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ayahuasca Ceremony

Hello, I am heading to Iquitos in the next few weeks and am very much wanting to participate in a safe Ayahuasca ceremony while I'm there, preferably a 5-7 day retreat. I anticipate it's going to be a hunt to find an authentic, trustworthy shaman, as I have heard about many untrustworthy ones around Iquitos that just want to make a buck. Can anyone recommend a good-hearted shaman here, and share your experience with them please? Also, is it better to pre-book an ayahuasca retreat or can I find one easily once I'm there? I'm just worried things will be very full as I know these retreats are popular. Thank you so much for any help you can give me!!! :)

Greensboro NC
Level Contributor
63 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony

I know this is probably too late for your trip but it might help others who have the same question. I have spent a lot of time in Iquitos and seen a lot of people run through ayahuasca retreats like cattle. Ayahuasca has become big business and lots of Americans are coming in and charging outrageous rates for week long retreats with 15 or 20 people at a time. I can say without a doubt that the best experience comes with a small group of people and someone who uses a real shaman. Qhispikay Kawsay Shamanic Ayahuasca Retreat is the best I have found in the area. Small groups, very personal attention with excellent shamans. If you are looking for a authentic ceremony for a reasonable price get hold of William and he will help plan a very professional and personal experience.

2. Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, November 03, 2016
United States
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony

Hi Lisa,

I know this is an old forum question, but this might be useful to you or someone else. My partner and I started a company called Unbounded Adventures and we are offering a 9-Day Ayahuasca Retreat & Macchu Picchu Trip. We have done trips like these for the past 5 years with another company. We work with a 3rd generation Shaman named Gilbert at an authentic Ayahuasca Retreat in the jungle on the Ucayali River. This is an authentic experience with 4 ayahuasca ceremonies. After the retreat we will travel to the Sacred Valley of the Incas; Cusco, Ollantaytambo, and Macchu Picchu. The trip includes all travel in and around Peru, lodging accomodations, guided tours, entrance to Macchu Picchu, and most meals. We're also offering just the Ayahuasca Retreat for anyone who isn't interested in the additional travel. Below is the link to our tour page and website.

Happy Travels!

unboundedadventures.com/peru2017/9-dayadvent…

www.unboundedadventures.com

4. Re: Ayahuasca Ceremony

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, December 11, 2017