We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

We will be in Iquitos in April and we would like to find jungle lodges or other places to stay where we can experience Medicinal plant - talks, visits with shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies and Native American culture. Please can you provide some accommodation ideas. We are looking for an authentic experience with renowned shamans and spiritual healing not a tourist trap. Many thanks

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

www.saexplorers.org will have your best insider info.

be carefull lots of SHAMans out there.

Most authentic happen in clearings outside of Iquitos

www.andeantravelweb.com good lodging info

www.asiarooms.com good booking prices.

Have fun,

Utah
3 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

I will also be in Iquitos in April and have been there many other times. BEWARE of those "selling Shamans". Many are not..... read up on ayahuasca,

it can be a horrible experience. My personal favorite lodge is Amazon Yanayacu Lodge. Clever, the owner does not do ayahuasca ceremonies at his family run lodge but can arrange that type of experience for you if you desire. Nearby is an amazing botanical garden which tourists from other lodges travel an hour or more just to see what ayahuasca looks like. While relaxing in a hammock, you will notice speedboats from the "well known" lodges going by to fish which takes several hours travel. You can just go out to the dock or have someone take you a little further - 10 minutes!

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Thank you

gordonjai
2 posts
4. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

There are a number of reputable shamans in the Iquitos area. Here is a link that will help you find the right shaman for you, www.soga-del-alma.org/conferencesite.html. Also I've been to Refugio Altiplano, 2 hours down the river from Iquitos.

It's very nice, and the plant medicine is strong.

Scott Peterson is the shaman and owner. He's a little bit high on his prices, $160 per day, but you can be guaranteed a safe, comfortable, place to work on the plant teachings and the food is good.

Jai

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

thank you, the soga link does not work

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
6. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

Sorry, the link does work now, I'm having a look

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
143 reviews
7. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

thank you very much indeed Gordon, this is exactly what we have been trying to find....I think we can now arrange visits to individual shamans rather than trying to find a jungle lodge that does it all.....many many thanks indeed!

8. Re: shaman healers, healing ceremonies, ayahuasca ceremonies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, October 17, 2009