We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices at Jungle Lodges

Which Iquitos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aspen, Colorado
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prices at Jungle Lodges

Just wondering about the prices of those Jungle lodges. I have calculated for 2 nights, 2 half days and one whole day is about $1,000 for a couple with a 14 year old daughter. It does include boat trip and food but This seem to me kind of expensive. We are going in beginning of May 2008. Feedback would be appreciated if this is a fair amount.

Virginia
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices at Jungle Lodges

I have just paid $290 for a 4 day/3 night at the Amazonas Sinchicuy(1 night) and Tambo Yanayacu (2 nights), both located near the Iquitos area. I booked reservations for next week in a triple room too. Yes, I think the price is just about right but make sure the tour operator guarantees that each one of the services promised be provided to your satisfaction.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices at Jungle Lodges

We recently booked a 4 days, 3 nights deal at Ceiba Tops, one of the few resorts with air conditioning.

Follow this link, which includes prices:

explorama.com/normal/specials/ctcw4d3n.htm

We booked it directly with the folks at the lodge.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices at Jungle Lodges

One trustwothy lodge and agency is

www.otorongoexpeditions.com

ny
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices at Jungle Lodges

short trips to lodges are expensive. We operate the (otorongolodge). the problem is the price of gasoline back and forth from the city of iquitos. Gas is a little more expensive in Iquitos than it is in the states.

The more days you can spend at a lodge, the overhead goes down for the owner and the cheaper he can make his prices.

Hope this helps. If your looking for a less expensive deal you my want to stay close to iquitos and make sure the area you are going to has a lot of wild life.

5. Re: Prices at Jungle Lodges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Iquitos