We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long should we stay in Cuzco

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
How long should we stay in Cuzco

Going at end of May to MP. And was wondering how long should we plan to stay in Cuzco before or after MP and how long should we plan in MP and the S. Valley.

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,955 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

We spent 2 days in Cusco and 2 more in SV plus 2 in MP and still missed stuff. A week, if you can spare it, is not unreasonable. You could spend more depending what you want to do.

Edited: 11:18 am, January 10, 2014
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,672 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

How long have you got? Where else are you going? What do you want to see or do?

I agree with wes - it depends on what you want. I thought it was a lovely city and would have loved to have spent more than 4 days there. We also spent about 3 days in MP/Sacred Valley - again, too short in hindsight.

Roseville...
Level Contributor
475 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

We spent 3 nights in SV, one night at MP, and then 6 nights in Cusco. Then over to Lima for a few before heading back.

I wouldn't change a thing.

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

To better acclimatize I would put Cusco at the end of your stay in the region, after having spent a few days at one of the Sacred Valley hotels. I think a good itinerary is a few nights in Ollantaytambo, then MP, then Cusco for a few nights. Sunday is a good day to spend in Pisac, if the Saturday or Sunday falls early in your trip (eg if you fly in on Saturday), then spending a night or two in Pisac is also a good option. If it falls at the end of your week, it's just as easy to see Pisac as a day trip from Cusco.

Have a look at www.andeantravelweb.com for a general description of the geography as well as lots of useful links.

Indiana
Level Contributor
799 posts
434 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

Arrived late in Lima ... stayed at airport hotel and took morning flight to Cusco.

a. We spent our fist day in Cusco before altitude sickness had a chance to kick in. Did not overnight in Cusco.

b. 2 days and 2 nights in Sacred Valley (Urubamba hotel)

c. 1 night at MP (entered twice: afternoon and next morning)

d. 2 more nights in Urubamba with 1 more day of sight seeing

e. Morning flight to Lima and toured until evening.

f. 1 night in Lima and flew home

We thought it was perfect for us.

6. Re: How long should we stay in Cuzco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015