We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

Hi everyone I'll be leaving to cusco in a few days I may need a little advice or ideas to add to my itinerary

Day 1 arrive in cusco taking a cab to the hotel to rest for a few hours and go visit nearby sightings. Plaza de armas, etc

Day 2 take bus or taxi? To go to pisac for Sunday market and visit the ruins in pisac and head back to cusco.

Day 3 leave cusco to head to olly visit ruins in olly(ollataytambo) and would like to go to moray along the way, (not really sure if moray is on the way) and see any things else along the way, should I take a bus/train/taxi from cusco to olly? Stay overnight in olly.

Day 4 take train from olly around noon or afternoon to aguas calientes, stay overnight in AC.

Day 5 take bus? ( I heard that's the best way) to machu pichu & HP early in the morning. Reading past reviews I saw I might have about 7 hrs there. Should I ride the train back to cusco the same day or go back to olly?

Day 6 cusco to be there for Halloween, I know plaza de armas and the kids but any other places or things to do in cusco for halloween?

Day 7 cusco-Lima

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

On day 3, Moray is on the way from Cusco to Olly. The salt pools at Salinas and the ruins/market at Chinchero are also on the way, near Moray. Don't underestimate your time in Olly, either. You can easily spend a few hours in the ruins there and a couple more walking the town or hiking to the grain houses on the hill across from the ruin. If you leave early, stop at Moray and Salinas, get to Olly around lunch time, and spend the afternoon and next morning in Olly, that's not a bad use of time. If you want to see things along the way, the only easy way to do this is by hiring a taxi to take you. Just as a point of reference, we paid about $100USD for a taxi for the day reserved by our hotel, and I know for sure you could get one for less if you negotiated on your own at the main square, or if you only used him for half a day instead of a full day.

Day 5, from AC, the only way to reach MP from Agua Calientas, other than a really dusty and uninteresting slog of a hike up the hill, is by bus. Take the train back to Olly. Many more trains. If you want to get to Cusco on day 5, get a taxi from the train station. This is faster than taking the train the whole way to Cusco since the train only goes to Poroy, which is still half hour away.

Also, if you can, rather than split up your days in Cusco, I would go straight to Olly when you arrive on day 1. See Olly and MP. Then do all the Cusco stuff at the end. Less moving around and better from an altitude acclimating standpoint because Cusco is the highest point on your itinerary.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
409 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

Hi,

I can help you only in some questions.

You can go by bus from Cusco to Pisac and to Olly. There are a lot of buses.

After visiting Machu Pichu you can go back the same day to Cusco by train.

Maect

www.unmundoparaviajarlo.com

Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

Hi everyone thank you all for your replies, it was much appreciated. We left cusco already and had the best time. :)

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

Nevermind

Edited: 10:34 am, November 03, 2013
5. Re: Planning 7 day trip cusco/MP/ olly, etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 05, 2014