We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

chicago, il, usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

I'm looking at both Tierra Viva Saphi and Tierra Viva Plaza for three nights (two nights pre- and one night post-Inca Trail hike). They both look great! Can anyone provide some guidance on the pros and cons of each one to help me decide? Thanks!

chicago, il, usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

Also-- I'm considering Rumi Punku. Is this a better choice? Thanks!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
163 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

We stayed at the Saphi and it is quite nice, as the reviews on TA detail. I liked it, and while it is a short, safe walk to the square the block it is on is a little bit funky : many buildings under construction/ not is use.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
14,767 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

I can't compare the two, but like the previous poster, we stayed at Saphi and liked it. I wrote a review. No problems walking back and forth to the main square. It's not a very busy block but also not too deserted. But we're also not late night people so were back at the room by 9:00 at latest each day.

The hotel itself was fine. Nice breakfast. Comfy rooms. Very helpful staff. They arranged a couple taxis for us. Basic stuff, I know, but it all worked out just fine.

Canada
Level Contributor
88 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

You might also want to consider their newest addition, Tierra Viva Cusco Centro

We stayed there recently and it was great - fantastic free breakfast, free bottled water, room heating, close to the plaza, and probably cheaper than the other two Tierras

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g294314-i3023-k6879…

chicago, il, usa
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

Thanks so much everyone! I went ahead and booked at Saphi.

6. Re: Tierra Viva Saphi or Plaza? Please help me decide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 23, 2014