We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
6 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

Both companies have a 5D/4N option, and prices are about the same. I've heard that most companies share campsites and facilities, so I'm not worried about that sort of thing.

I want to make sure whatever company I book has guides who are attentive and fun, and who will teach us about the area, people, and history. Which company would you recommend for the best guides? Has anyone done both?

California, Maryland
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

We experienced a great tour with Bioandean Expeditions we had Jimmy Jhon as guide he was very knowledgeable and very patient and friendly with a good sense of humor so try to have him as your guide, good luck . The food we had was buffet and we had Thermarest and North Face 4 season tents

Edited: 11:19 pm, July 31, 2013
Usa, Japan
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

We used Salkantaytrekking.com in July 2013. Our experience with the company was generally amazing service. I would recommend this company to others who are interested in the Salkantay trail.

Our guide was a perfect and sensitive host and guide along with our horsemen we feel like a little family by the end.

We are sad to leave but will take back to whistler thousands of photographs and memories of mountains and people and the aroma of fresh foods being prepared, these memories will never go away. We look forward to our next trek.

Carl

Oslo, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

My husband Christofer and I just completed our private Salkantay Trek Tour with Salkantaytrekkig.com. I can't begin to tell you how terrific Edgar is. He's a great person and an extremely organized individual. His passion and knowledge of the Salkantay Trek comes across with everything he does. Edgar not only made the trip a lot of fun, he educated us and fed us extremely well! To top it all off we had mentioned to him prior the trip it was our anniversary and he surprised us in the Salkantay Pass with little small bottles of wine to celebrate. All of the food was prepared and cooked, not only tasted great but we were so impressed with the preparation he had to do prior to the trip. The Salkantay Trekking Company is top notch, the equipment was excellent and provided to us freshly cleaned. We will certainly be a repeat customer on future hiking trips.

Thank you very much."

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

We have trekked with Bioandean Expeditions in a group of 10 people starting on Sept/13 2 from Marcocasa, a starting point above Mollepata that is a better choice.

We had two excellent guides, especially Tony, a young but very mature for his age kid. All staff was v.good, food was excellent, all worked well and overall coordination by Rider, the boss, was well done. There was nothing to complain and the weather was perfect.

This trek turned out to be really satisfying for all of us and well organized, thanks to all from Bioandean Expedition,

5. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:34 am, November 05, 2013
California
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

Looking for more opinions on these two operations. Considering doing the 4D/3N option with one of them...

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

4D/3D I think is a bit rushing, as I stated in my review above, we had done 5D/4N and this was great experience with BioAndean, make sure you are trekking in dry season, otherwise you may experience some weather related issues, we were lucky and had great sunny days, but 3 days before there was some unexpected snow storm early September and the pass was close for a day or two, other groups had to do alternative treks, of lower value,

Andrew, Calgary, Canada

California
Level Contributor
127 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

Its either do the 4 day or have an extra day to acclimatize.

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

Dear Ariel,

is great to use a forum to get info about different comapnies, defintely there are more options for the Salkantay trek, but are those people serious and honest, because they really now perfect the local names and they write perfect the native quechua names.

anyways good luck and enjoy your trip to Salkantay.

10. Re: BioAndean or SalkantayTrekking.com?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 04, 2015