We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco portion of trip start in Urubamba

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cusco portion of trip start in Urubamba

We'll be arriving into Cusco and have reservations at Sol Y Luna Hotel in Urubamba. We've been quoted a transfer price to the hotel of $25.00USD/person - possibly 4 people in our group.

We're not sure whether we should rent a car for our duration in the area and arrange some tours but have the car for trip to Pisac Market, hotel/airport transfers etc.

Also, is there a reputable and reasonably priced local travel agent there that we could arrange tours to ruins,etc

2 night Urubamba

1 night Machu Picchu

2 nights Cusco

If anyone has recommendations I would appreciate it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cusco portion of trip start in Urubamba

The weather was GLORIOUS, reminded me of early October in the mountains of Virginia. Cool to cold in the early morning (as in we awoke to frost at least one morning) then up to upper 70s F during the day. The wind would pick up and it would start to cool off quite early -- around 4 pm or so. Night the temps fell into the 30s F. Not a drop of rain when we were there in late May to early June.

At MP, the sun is quite harsh. We noticed MANY red and reddening white people who had stripped down to tank tops due to the heat from the sun. Do not forget sunscreen!

The train to MP is cold -- you leave at 6 am and it has no heat unless you are riding in Hiram B style (they ought to have heat but I wouldn't actually know -- too rich for my blood).

We wore fleece sweatshirts with long sleeve t shirts under and that was good layering for us. Hope this helps.