We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

We are travelling to Peru in September and are currently trying to book a tour to Inca Trail. Learned about Leading Peru Travel in another thread and had a look at their website it seems legit, and their price ($400/p) is a lot lower than the other major tour compaines. Only concern is that I could hardly find any reviews about them. They were also not in the list of Licensed Inca Trail Tour Operators on the official Inca Trail website.

If anyone has any experiences with them or other recommendations I'd love to hear about it. Thanks in advance!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

They are probably subcontractor and put you on to different company and $ 400 seems cheap, good price is from $ 500 until $ 600, go to activities on TA and ask few of them. then you can decide which one is good for you and enjoy your trek.

Sacred Valley, Peru
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Hi $400 is cheap price for Inca Trail, in this link you will be able to see the most reputable Trekking Companies to Machu picchu with a recent traveler reviews, tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294314-Activiti…

Good luck

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

$400 seems very cheap - there are some agencies who offer at that kind of price but I doubt they can offer a good service.

4. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, March 16, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

I have not heard of that company but I did have a really positive and amazing experience with Incaland Adventures http://www.incalandadventures.com/ They are reasonably prices, treat the porters well, clean up waste when leaving camping sites and are very informative and friendly tour guides. I recommended them to my friends and they also had a positive experience. I went just with 1 other friend and instead of lumping us with another tour group they still ran the tour just with us two for no extra cost. Flavio is the owner and is amazing you can get hold of him at flavio@incalandadventures.com Good luck and have a great trip it's an amazing trek.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Thanks everyone for your input!

I have further question on this: how important is it that a tour operator is licensed? I'm trying to lower the cost for the trip and some operators that are well reviewed do not actually have a license. Should I be worried about that?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,180 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Can't go with them if they're not licensed. They would definitely be subcontracting to another (licensed) agency in that case. However, the list of licensed agencies may or may not be current.

Virginia, Minnesota
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Yo viaje a Perú con Leading Peru Travel y puedo recomendar a la agencia de Viajes, son muy comprometidos con su trabajo y el servicio es que brindan a los pasajeros es de atencion personalizada. Asi mismo le puedo decir que esta Agencia esta recomendada por el Programa Brasilero ROLE PELO MUNDO www.rolepelomundo.com.br

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRCPfqwAJVY

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Hi, we actually went with leading peru for a full 3 week tour throughout north-south-east-west Peru in Jan 2014. Brilliant trip and very well organized by agency! We also had trouble researching the Latin trip because every link on the net actually directs you to some crazy expensive operator in US who subcontracts to local agents. We managed to eventually get similar trip through leading peru for half the price quoted by US based agencies.

We went off the common routes and combined the ancient civilizations in north, to the mountains in south, the amazon and macchu picchu. Actually in MP it became just extremely touristy, lots of agents and intermediaries doing 'their thing' but realize that most agencies have to subcontract as Peru is massive. Just ensure the quality of their contacts and hotel network. Our transport were good vehicles, 2 drivers for long and curvy mountain drives, local tour guides that actually know their topic and not just blab the standard tourist story at a ruin or site. We even had a 'shadow' operator from Leading Peru that stayed in some of the same cities just to ensure locally all linked up. Sounds expensive? It wasn't, ok not if you go on backpacking budget, but for what we got it wasn't and we are happy to recommend leading peru and their team (Gladys, Caesar) .

Yes, Leading Peru organized a great trip for us. Mark

Sao Paulo, SP
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone has experience with Leading Peru Travel ?

Hi, me and my wife were in Peru last July, Lima, Cusco, Puno and Arequipa. Leading Peru Travel organized several tours for us: Salkantay Trekking, Lake Titicaca Tour, Colca Canion Trekking, Bus Tour Cusco to Puno and Puno to Chivay and Tour Campiña in Arequipa..

They made a hotel reservation in each place, most of time they send me three options to choose.

Hotel price are similar to booking.com, tours price are really cheaper then other options I had here in Brazil.

They are very organized and we are very satisfied with Leading Peru Travel.

I made a reservation deposit of 1/3 of the total value by Western Union 1 months before the travel.

A friend of mine that had used their services suggested me this company.

All the negotiation was done by e-mail with Julio Cesar Quispillo and Gladys Cahuana Condori.

Good prices and good services.