We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let's try this again...

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Topic
Let's try this again...

I'm guessing my original post was deemed inappropriate as it was considered as promoting a company?

I would like to know if anyone has done any tours with any of the following companies. I would like to know if they are reputable agencies - I do not work for these agencies and am not trying to promote them.

The agencies are, Loreto Tours, Lorenzo Expeditions and Peruvian Highland Treks.

Thanks in advance.

1. Re: Let's try this again...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:22 pm, February 11, 2013
Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Let's try this again...

Ok - maybe i got confused. I saw a message saying the post had been deleted, maybe it was a reply that had been deleted.

If there are any moderators reading this then please delete this thread so there is just the one thread - thanks.

3. Re: Let's try this again...

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:43 pm, February 16, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let's try this again...

I would think a travel agent in your home town could advise you on someone/a company reputable in cusco.

we used cmt horizons in lima and cusco and would not use them again. we based the choice on a recommendation from someone living in lima.

I think choosing based on forum advice can be risky

Edited: 7:55 am, February 12, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,183 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Let's try this again...

Actually, I doubt most travel agents in small cities in England (or the US, for that matter) would have much solid knowledge of reputable companies in Cusco.

I have found Trip Advisor and other online travel forums like Frommer's, Fodor's, igougo, virtual tourist, etc. to be extremely valuable for trip planning. Of course, you should read many trip reports to gain an overall understanding of tourist's experience with these companies, and take it all "with a grain of salt." As many others have reported on this forum, there are always some fake postings touting one company or another, probably written by an employee posing as a tourist.

Caveat Emptor.

6. Re: Let's try this again...

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 14, 2014