We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

We plan to go to Peru in June 2013. I'm interested in buying train tickets (Vistadome) directly online , does it work? How will i get the tickets? Or should i go through a travel agency in Cusco? We're arriving in Cusco from Puno via train also (6 pm arrival) . Thanks for any update on the rail system.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Buy them from www.perurail.com and you will be able to print off your confirmation which you bring with you.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Thank you! How about bus tickets to MPichu and entrance tickets? Can i get these tickets via tour agencies ? Or should we just get them when we get to the site? We have hotel reservations at Tierra Viva Sapphi. I wonder if anyone has used RESPONS travel agency that collaborates with Tierra Viva......

Thanks for any feedback!

Maclean, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Great trip, you must do it, we just returned from Peru and went Cusco-Puno and then Puno-Cusco. Spent plenty of time on the rear viewing carriage.

Make sure you get them DIRECT from Peru rail. There is another web site that comes up looking exaxctly like Peru Rail web site, it is actually Go2Peru.com which is a travel agent. If you book through them they don't release the tickets until a few days before you go. they sit on your money.

This is a great luxury train trip and regarded as the top 25 in the world for quality.

Easily booked here at:

http://www.perurail.com/en/

Edited: 12:03 am, January 19, 2013
Maclean, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Ooops, sorry wrong train trip.

We also did the vista dome from Poroy to Machu Picchu great valve. Booked at http://www.perurail.com/en/

Keep away from travel agents they just take a percentage.

Ticket to Machu Picchu MUST be bought at Aguas Calientes before you get the shuttle buses up the moutain. They can be obtained from the ticket office in the main square. You must have the correct money, why in this day and age they do not have change beats me. Bus tickets can be bought from a kiosk near the bus stop.You will see the queue, just ask when you get off the train as the town is a maize when you first arrive and get your bearings.

The buses run continuously all day.

If you are going back the same day watch the time as the queue for buses coming down the mountain can be long.

Good luck

Edited: 12:15 am, January 19, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Thank you for the replies!How much are the bus tickets and entrance fee to MPichu?

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

Bus tickets are approx $17-$18, give or take a few $$

Entrance fees can be viewed at www.machupicchu.gob.pe

7. Re: Round trip Vistadome train from Poroy to Machu Pichu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, January 21, 2014