We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to Do in Casco

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Things to Do in Casco

I have about 6 days in Cusco without a plan either side of the Inca Trail and Amazon trip. I planned these days as a recovery after the two 4 day expeditions and would like some suggestions on what to do in the surrounding area.

Although I'm recovering from the 4 day expeditions, I still want to do day trips and stuff in the Cusco region.

Before the Inca Trail I have 2.5 days to acclimatised and was thinking of:

Day1 - Airport Arrive, Check in Hotel and look around Cusco city centre.

Day 2 - Sacred Valley, Pisac and Ollantaytambo Full-Day Tour from Cusco

Day 3- Thoughts? I have meeting with Inca Trail tour operator at 7pm. I was thinking maybe going to Sacsayhuamán this day.

Inca Trail 4 days

Day 4 - ?

Amazon 4 days

Day 5 - ?

Day 6 - ?

So I have 4 days an no real plans. I have checked the things to do and I'm not sure what is feasible. Maybe someone can point to me any thing really obvious I am missing?

Thanks

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to Do in Casco

With only 1 or 2 days already slated for Cusco and the Sacred Valley I think you will discover you may need more time for them.

Besides the Sacred Valley theres also the Southern Valley. Tours generally include Tipon, Piquillacta, and the Church of Andahualillas.

You could do a quick trip to visit Lake Titicaca although you will need at least 3 days....1 to get there, 1 to tour the lake, and another day to get back. Travel options to Puno inlcude a normal bus such as www.cruzdelsur.com.pe , a tourist bus such as www.inkaexpress.com , the train www.perurail.com , or flying to Juliaca airport (45 minutes from Puno) with www.lan.com , www.taca.com , or www.starperu.com

Have you planned anytime in or around Lima yet? I think Lima deserves a day or two at least and if you have more you could always head South to Paracas and do a boat tour of the Islas Ballestas, Ica / Huacachina, and/or the Nazca lines at Nazca.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to Do in Casco

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have a 2 week trip to Peru planned.

I will be in Lima for 3 days, Puno for 3 days and Cusco and Manu (or Maendeleo.)

So I guess I was wondering what I can in the Cusco on region on a day trip basis.

Also, what kinda weather can I expect here in the next two weeks?

Pecatonica, Illinois
Level Contributor
417 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to Do in Casco

We really enjoyed Sacsayhuaman. That will only take an hour or two (unless you walk up or down from Cusco. You might want to visit San Pedro Market. It's fun to see the produce as well as the people who are selling their wares.

You can also take a chocolate lesson at the Choco Museum, and that is really fun. You peel the caco beans, make hot chocolate, make chocolate tea, and make candies in a mold. You will pick up the candy in an hour or two when they get hard. This Choco Museum is close to the square. How about a climb up the steps to San Blas? We went to an organic coffee store and brought home some Peruvian coffee. You will want to visit the cathedral and soak in the square. Just for fun, we also grabbed a coffee at Starbucks. You'll have fun no matter what you do there. Also, see the old walls of Cusco that were made by the Incas. Rumi Punu, a hotel, still has the Inca doors.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to Do in Casco

Omit Pisac from Day 2 and do it on Day 3. There is plenty to see at Pisac - the ruins need at least 2 hours, preferably more - and you won't do it justice by combining it with other Sacred Valley sites.

5. Re: Things to Do in Casco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 11, 2014