We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

Vancouver
Level Contributor
189 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

How much time would I need to travel from Cusco airport to Ollanta with stops to visit Moray and Salinas and roughly how much time at each. Would also appreciate any driver recommendations.

Thanks

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,394 posts
505 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

Its about an hour drive to Maras and an hour visit at the salt pans. Another 30 minute drive to Moray and about another hour or so to bisit. Then another 40 minute drive to Olly.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

You should allow at least 3-4 hours for the trip from Cusco to Ollantaytambo with stops at Maras and Moray. You dont need much time at Maras and Moray...maybe a half an hour at each...less if all you want is a photo-op. My wife and I spent a little more time at Maras (Salineras) because we walked around the salt ponds a bit and she bought some salt products from the little gift store.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
189 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

Thanks for the info, xochitl & JodoKast.

4. Re: Cusco - Moray - Salinas - Ollantaytambo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 22, 2013