We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a day in lima

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
1 post
Save Topic
a day in lima

Know it should be longer, but we only have a day and evening in Lima as we fly out at 7am. Would appreciate a couple of must sees that might be close to a hotel that you would suggest. Thanks

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: a day in lima

Hi Liz M,

You’re right, a day and a few hours is not enough to really enjoy the city of Lima. I recommend the Allpa Hotel in Miraflores, they have all the ameneties and it’s located in Miraflores near shopping centers, restaurants, and bars. It’s also a short walk from Parque Kennedy which is next to impressive colonial style cathedrals. You have to try Ceviche when you come to Lima. I recommend Punta Azul, in Miraflores. There might be a wait when you first arrive but it’s worth it. With one day I would recommend checking out the Plaza de Armas (the City Center) where you’ll find the Government Palace, a Cathedral, and lots of shops. You can also check out the Monastery of San Francisco Catacombs nearby. In the evening, take a taxi to Parque de las Reservas (Lima’s Water Fountain Park). In the evening the fountains are lit up and beautiful. You can end the night by going to Calle Berline on Parque Kennedy where there’s plenty of dancing. I hope you have a great time in Lima!

Salvador

Peru For Less

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a day in lima

Stay in Miraflores or Barranco.

No matter where you stay you can easily get a taxi to take from A to B. The Plaza De Armas and San Francisco Church and Catacombs are easily visted. If you get to the Plaza De Armas early enough you can see the "changing of the guard". My wife and I really enjoyed the short tour of Huacapucclanna too which is just a few block North of Park Kennedy.

There are open-top bus tours departing from Kennedy Park and also from LarcoMar Mall in Miraflores. The night tours include a stop to see the light show at the water fountain park.

3. Re: a day in lima

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 01, 2013