We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cusco-Titicaca

San Jose, California
7 posts
Save Topic
Cusco-Titicaca

Hello- we have only 5 days to visit Cusco and Lake Titicaca. This is our plan:

-3 nights in cusco (Taking day tours to Machu Picchu, and Sacred valley) and 1 day in the city of cusco

-1 day on Incaexpress bus from Cusco to Puno

-1 night in Puno, and taking an 8 hrs tour of Lake Titicaca the following day- leaving Puno in the Evening on our way to Nazca.

My question is... should we avoid the 8hr incaexpress bus from Cusco to Puno, and take a direct bus so that we can spend more time in Titicaca... or is one day ok for Titicaca? Thanks!

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cusco-Titicaca

Unless the normal bus is an overnight bus arriving very early to Puno it wont matter because the tours of Lake TIticaca depart early in the morning. Puno itself doesnt really have much to offer other than its close proximity to Lake TIticaca so I wouldnt worry about getting there earlier just to spend more time in Puno. My wife and I did the 1-Day Uros and Taquille and thought it was more than enough.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cusco-Titicaca

Agree with Jodokast, not much to see in Puno. The day tour to Uros and Taquille usually leaves around 8am and return around 4.

San Jose, California
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cusco-Titicaca

Thank you Judokast122 & Joanandmatt, this really helps!!! :- )

Edited: 8:06 pm, August 01, 2012
4. Re: Cusco-Titicaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 03, 2013