We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Orange
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Hello,

I am looking for a driver/private tour guide for tour in cuzco and day trip to surrounding areas... Or reputable travel companies that offer private tours is OK too. Thanks!

Yorba Linda
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

I am looking for a tour guide and saw your post. Did you use the person recommended and was it successful? Or is there someone else you would recommend?

Thanks,

Dennis

Poznan, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Hi,

I know it i smuch too late, but just in case for future readers looking for private guide - I just finished one month travel around Peru and one of my best guides ever I met in Cusco. We did 4-day Inka Trail with him and had a private city tour next day. Lucio, thats his name is very knowledgeble, calm and really professional. In the same time can say stories as knowone else and the tour is fascinating. Its a man who wants to share the best of his country with you. If you are interested in getting to know peruwian point of view about Inkas and thei history, go with him. If you are interested, please contact me on my email k.janczewska@hotmail.com, I will pass his details.

Cheers, Katie

Edited: 6:31 am, November 16, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,204 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Poznan, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Hi,

I just finished my trip around Peru and am `in love` with my Cusco and Inka Trek guide, Lucio. Very knowledgeble, calm and makes stones talk:). If anyone is looking for a recommended guide in Cusco please contact me on my email k.janczewska@hotmail.com.

Cheers, Katie

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,204 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
82 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

I just finished the Inca Trail and MP with my wife. Our guide was a guy named Juan Carlos, who seems to know everyone. He was just the best. I don´t have his e'mail per se, but we got to him through the tour company Qénte (which I believe actually farmed out the work to another company called Cusco Explorers). Again, he was awesome.

Mentioned in this post
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
3,088 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Poznan, Poland
4 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

oh yes, I can reccomend you Lucio, the giude with whom we did 4 day Inka Trail and 1-day in Cusco. Inka Trail was organized by a company called Inka Trek, but Cusco tour we arranged with Lucio privately. he is very reliable, calm and knows the stories! I could listen to him for hours. We used local buses to do this trip (1 sole) what we really liked, as we were fed up with all these 'tourist buses' and tourist trips where we felt like japaneese tourists being taken from one place to other just to take a quick pic. With Lucio we had our own pace and could adjust trip to what we wanted to see, not what scheduled. Highly reccomend! And what was important to me is that he loved his country and wanted to share his knowledge with us. I didnt feel he was doing this for money. I will gladly share more details thru my private mail, if you wish

k.janczewska@hotmail.com.

Mentioned in this post
Inka Grill
Inka Grill
3,204 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Holger was our tour guide for our trip to Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. He was assigned to us through Intense Peru; please see separate review on this great tour operator. I was traveling with my wife and twenty year old daughter. I cannot say enough good things about Holger. His English is great, absolutely no issues communicating or understanding. He is very knowledgeable about Peru and its history. He is very experienced, having been a professional guide for more than 16 years. He was able to handle all situations from city tour to Inca trail trek with ease. His years of experience and knowledge (university degree in tourism) really came out during our 5 days with him. In addition, we found him to be kind, caring and very interesting. We really enjoyed our time with Holger. We have used private guides in many locations and found him to be one of the best. Please contact me if you would like his contact information.

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Sacred Valley
Sacred Valley
Cusco Region, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Intense Peru
Intense Peru
308 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
Inca Trail
Inca Trail
3,088 Reviews
Cusco, Peru
17. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 25, 2012
sydney
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Hi,

I read your post and I am very interested for the details of your tour guy in Cuzco

We (2 people ) will be in Cuzco/ Machu Pichu and in fact South America for the first time so reliable tour guide is crutial

My email address is: htd9au@yahoo.com.au

My name is Hung ( pronounces Hoong) and I live in Australia

Thank you so much in advance and looking forward hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Hung

Paris, France
Level Contributor
932 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

…blogspot.ca/p/list-of-cusco-personal-guides…

…blogspot.ca/p/how-to-choose-personal-guide.…

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Private Tour Guide in Cuzco

Every single traveller would say their guide was fantastic and amazing but just few are lucky that their clients can participate on this forums, Im a tour guide too and I feel proud of how great guides are my colleges.

No matter with which guide you go im sure you will have fantastic time.