We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pisac during the Virgen del Carmen festival

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Cruz, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pisac during the Virgen del Carmen festival

I'm planning a trip to Cusco in mid july and have heard that Paucartambo celebrates the Virgen del Carmen festival for three days. I've also heard it is celebrated in Pisac to a lesser degree but I can't find out if it is all three days in Pisac. I would like to visit on Thursday July 17 and combine the festival with the Pisac market. Do any of you know if the festival is celebrated in Pisac on the 17th? Also, will the market be going on during the festival, or is everyone in town involved in the festival? Thanks for any info, Carl

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,147 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pisac during the Virgen del Carmen festival

The main day for the celebration is the 16th.

No market will be working on that date, the procession is on the main plaza, were the market operates.

Santa Cruz, Ca
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pisac during the Virgen del Carmen festival

Thanks very much fot the information.

3. Re: Pisac during the Virgen del Carmen festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 22, 2009