We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manu or Tambopata

Which Cusco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
44 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Manu or Tambopata

I'm planning on going to Peru July 24-August 10 and one thing I really want to do is stay in the jungle for a few nights.

After a lot of research, I decided that the 4 day/3 night Manu Wildlife Center was the best way to go. then my husband did some research and it looks like Tambopata has some good opportunities too, and also a lot cheaper.

So, those of you that have been to one or the other, which did you prefer and why?

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,170 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manu or Tambopata

I would sayyou should choose one of the Inkaterra lodges. They are first class like the Inkaterra El Publo hotel in Aguas Calientes

barcelona
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manu or Tambopata

Agree. Just came back from Peru. Inkaterra the best....

Halifax
Level Contributor
86 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manu or Tambopata

Some would say that Inkaterra is not in the best part of the jungle but then I've never been, so I'm just going on what my research has shown.

Houston
Level Contributor
44 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manu or Tambopata

Hmmm, I thought I replied the other day.

Inkaterra sounds great, but a)it is not available and b) it actually sounds a little too luxurious for a jungle lodge. =)

I have decided to book with the Manu Wildlife Center and InkaNatura.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

5. Re: Manu or Tambopata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 23, 2009