We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobile Internet Options in Cusco

Guadalajara, Mexico
7 posts
Save Topic
Mobile Internet Options in Cusco

I will be flying next week to Cusco and I can't afford to be disconnected because of work. Mobile internet is fine. My option is to get a chip in Cusco to stay connected. Forum says that Claro and Movistar are the leading telco providers in Peru.

I just need some recommendations on where I can get a sim card in the airport (or outside) to avoid getting ripped-off? Which one would you recommend for faster internet connectivity? Calls are not necessary for me. I just need an internet connection for 1 week preferably 1-2GB of data.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Peru
Peru
South America
3 replies to this topic
Cuzco, Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mobile Internet Options in Cusco

I recommend buy you sim card in the cente of the town yoou will find many options.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,728 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mobile Internet Options in Cusco

You can also buy at the Lima airport , next to the food court

Mentioned in this post
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mobile Internet Options in Cusco

Might be too late to help, but I just got back from Peru. Don't get a SIM from the airport, they were charging USD$50 for one there. Go into town and find a Movistar store. You can get a prepay SIM with 1GB of data per week for an initial cost of 40 soles and then 7 soles every week (Tuesday) to top up another 1GB. You might need to go to a store where they recharge (there are corner stores all over town that do this ) as the online top-up page proved too difficult for me. You can only call/txt in Peru , not internationally so its best just for data. Internet speed was fine in most areas.

Edited: 11:40 pm, June 15, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Reply to: Mobile Internet Options in Cusco
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;