We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather question

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather question

We arrive on Saturday and I am wondering what to expect as far as rain - all day and steady, or just occasional, passing showers? Thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
165 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather question

go to weather.com and check the weather. do some research before your trip.

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather question

Well, that is the reason for my post. Obviously, I've checked weather.com. I would like to hear firsthand from someone local or someone who has been there recently what the rains are like - all-day drenchers, or light passing showers. Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather question

This is the weather report for the next 10 days .

CUZCO

Alt. 3326 / 10912

19 ºC / 66 ºF

09 ºC / 48 ºF

Partly cloudy sky in the morning. Cold nights. Fresh weather and pleasant during at noon. Rain in the afternoon and night.

MACHU PICCHU

(AGUAS CALIENTES)

Alt. 2080 / 6824

25 ºC / 77 ºF

12 ºC / 54 ºF

Partly cloudy sky in the mornings. Pleasant weather during the day. Rain in the afternoon and night.

URUBAMBA

Alt. 2863 / 9393

19 ºC / 66 ºF

09 ºC / 48 ºF

Partly cloudy sky in the morning. Fresh weather at noon and cold nights. Rain in the afternoon. Moderate breezes and low humidity.

LIMA

Alt. 101 / 331

27 ºC / 81 ºF

22 ºC / 72 ºF

Haze in the morning. Cloudy sky in the beginning day to cloudy partly sky at noon. High humidity. Drizzle in the night. Temperature of sea water at the beaches around 16 °C. Warm weather during daytime.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather question

I would like to know to what kind of clothes to wear during December at MP and SV. Cool nights I expect. But, are days sweater-worthy? Or perhaps a light cotton shirt for days?

Thanks!

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,592 posts
509 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather question

You should dress in layers, aka, t-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweater and jacket.

As the day progresses, it will get warmer and you will start "peeling" of your close.

In the afternoon you will resverse the "peel".

Normally its quite warm in the SV and MP in Dec. You will even wear shorts, but it will be colder in Cusco City.

Pls. read the Peru inside pages for more info.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather question

Thank you Xochiti! You are truly a blessing for all of us coming to Peru. Yes, I did read the Insider Pages, but get confused regarding the varied areas of Peru. It is a county of great differences!

7. Re: Weather question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 27, 2009