We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Titicaca - All Ways Travel

Which Arequipa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Titicaca - All Ways Travel

What a great trip! All Ways Travel did an excellent job on our 2-day/1-night excursion. We were picked up at our hotel exactly when they said we would be. We were VERY fortunate to be the only people on this particular trip.

The boat for the 2 days was filled with wonderful people. While everyone else was always in the group of 25-30 people, we had our guide from All Ways. Since we were his only tourists, we truly had a "private tour".

Johnny was perfect. He happens to be from Amantani & I believe this made our overnight stay with a host family all the more special as he knew everyone on the island. The sons of our host family were school friends of his, so our stay was so very personal. As a matter of fact, his parents still live on the island. Sadly, we did not get to meet them as they live on the other side, but he got up at 4 AM so that he could go visit them & be back in time for our breakfast at 7.

Johnny speaks English, Spanish & Quecha... so, he was terrific as a translator & gave us the opportunity to be able to speak & interact on a personal basis with all the people with whom we came in contact.

The altitude was a challenge for me. Fortunately, I was taking pills for altitude sickness, but I was often out of breath. Johnny was so kind & considerate. He was always willing to stop & allow me to catch my breath. He was patient & thoughtful as he helped me navigate some of the steep steps & rocks we climbed. He explained everything to us & opened a door to a culture that is so different than the lives we live.

All Ways & Johnny met & exceeded all our expectations. The 1-night stay on Amantani will be a memory for a lifetime.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Titicaca - All Ways Travel

All Ways hasalways had good reviews on this forum.

2. Re: Lake Titicaca - All Ways Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2011