We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One room or two

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
One room or two

Our family of four will be traveling around Peru for about 3 weeks this summer. Many hotels indicate that no more than 3 people can stay in a room. Are we required to have two rooms, or are there exceptions for families? Some say children under 10 can stay, but our two children are teenagers.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One room or two

I think you will have to contact the individual hotels. I don't think there are regulations about it. Some hotels have very small rooms, though.

I don't know where you are planning to visit, but if you go to the Sacred Valley, the Kuychi Rumi, www.urubamba.com, (see on Trip Advisor under "specialty lodging") has little private casitas with two bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchenette, etc. Perfect for a family. They say they can accommodate up to 5 or 6 (if some sleep on the banquettes in the living room). We stayed there for 3 days, which was a great place to recover from the long flight, plus visit many of the sites in the area while acclimating to altitude.

Also, Rodrigo (at KR) can set up guides & drivers for you, as well as train tickets, etc.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One room or two

I am planning the same kind of trip with my family. I have found that some of the hotels will accomodate 4 in a room but some only have 2 double rooms. Torre Dorada in Cuzco will give you a family discount if you book 2 rooms.

3. Re: One room or two

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 19, 2009