We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

Mankato, MN
3 posts
Save Topic
Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

Am looking for recommendations for nice place to stay and company to provide adventure travel in Arequipa and Colca Canyon. WW Rafting, Canyoning, hiking, etc also hotel recommendations.

Tulsa, OK
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

Dear Julsie,

I truly love Arequipa. Colca Canyon in pretty great too.

When you travel to Colca, do yourself a favor and make plans to stay at least 1 night @ the Colca Lodge. It is owned and operated by the same people who own the Hotel Libertador in Arequipa. It is great fun! Be sure to pack a swimsuit!

Have you ever been to Arequipa? If you are interested, I can provide very detailed information for your trip.

My wife is from Arequipa. In fact, we were married there, and return as often as possible.

I have great fotos and insights that might prove useful as well.

Let me know.

Michael Smith

Tulsa, Oklahoma

baddog5700@sbcglobal.net

2. Re: Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:34 pm, March 15, 2006
3. Re: Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:49 am, April 29, 2006
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

I emailed the Colca Lodge with a recommendation for tour operators and they gave me the following leads:

Colonial Tours -- colonialtours02@hotmail.com (he responded to me very quickly and gave me a great price for a 2-day tour)

Gold Tour -- goldtour@terra.com.pe (no response after 3 days)

Good luck!

Irene

Peru
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adventure in Arequipa and Colca Canyon

A good place to stay in Arequipa .. Home Sweet Home , great breakfast , nice family and cool people.

For a trip to the Colca Canyon, there are many agencies but if you are looking for treks or unusual trip try :

Peru Incas Explorer

Have fun

Katicita