We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peru Best Tours

Waltham...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Peru Best Tours

Spent 8 days in Peru between September and October 2013 and I have been impressed with Peru Best Tours (PBT) ever since I sent my first mail to inquire about their packages. Mike was extremely prompt in responding to all my queries and soon created a personalized travel itinerary based on our requests and requirements.

After we’d made all the flight, hotel and tour reservations, we had an unexpected personal hiccup and couldn’t travel as planned. Despite us only have paid the initial deposit, Mike and his team were extremely understanding of our situation and moved all the hotel reservations and scheduled tours to another time frame 5 months from our original booking WITHOUT any additional cost (except for airline fees). That was incredible!

Our 8 day vacation in Peru was perfect starting from our pick up at Lima airport. We were given a mobile phone which was very helpful in calling hotels/cabs in various cities. All the hotels we were booked at were quiet, located conveniently, extremely well maintained and had professional staff. Our tours all started on time, the guides spoke very good English and were college or university educated making the experience all the more interesting.

On our last flight the airline required us to pay a change fee which had already been paid but didn’t reflect in their system. We called PBT immediately from the airline counter and they immediately agreed to refund the fee (which was done) and the rest of our travel was very smooth.

Overall we had a great experience working with PBT and our trip to Peru was wonderful. If you are looking for a tour company to handle your Peru trip, this would be the one to go with!!!

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
37 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
954 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peru Best Tours

I'm glad I came across your review, because it reminded me that I have been remiss in not reviewing Peru Best Tours since my return from Peru a couple of months ago. I cannot say enough good things about the entire experience, from the first email contact, through the planning stages, and throughout the trip. Mike did an amazing job with our itinerary, patiently fulfilling my requests and making spot-on suggestions.

Everybody we worked with was absolutely top-notch. A couple of hitches along the way, a suddenly closed airport in Cusco and later a rail strike, could have spoiled our trip, but the folks at Peru Best Tours came to our rescue. Martin in Cusco, always just a phone call away, helped rearrange flights, changed hotel bookings at the last minute, rearranged guided tours, rebooked rail tickets, and so much more.

Although we are seasoned travellers, we were so grateful that we had used PBT and that we had their assistance.

I should also mention that we loved Posada Amazonas, Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. The wonderful people of Peru gave us fond memories for a lifetime.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Cusco
Cusco
Cusco Region, Peru
Posada Amazonas
Posada Amazonas
961 Reviews
Tambopata National Reserve, Peru
Sacred Valley
Sacred Valley
Cusco Region, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Seal Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Peru Best Tours

I too had a wonderful experience seeing the sights in southern Peru arranged with Peru Best Tours. It was a late decision to travel , booking all the arrangements one month before departure in mid september 2013. At our request all the rest was taken care of by Mike over the internet and could not have been easier. We booked our own flights to and from Lima and let the "experts" take care of the rest. They accomadate any deviations in their tours after explanning the pros and cons of those changes or additionsons. A perfect combination of private and group tours along the way. Accomadations were varied,interesting and comfortable. Dont miss going to Arequipa and Colca canyon to see the condors in flight. Just amazing. The contacts at each location were present , willing and eager to make us happy. I strongly recommend checking out PBT

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Arequipa
Arequipa
Arequipa Region, Peru
Colca Canyon
Colca Canyon
5,017 Reviews
Arequipa Region, Peru
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Peru Best Tours

It has been a wonderful experience traveling with Peru best tour. Not for a single time our connection were late, or we feel inconvenienced. The accommodations were extraordinarily good, and always within walking distance from the downtown or cultural center. They always make exceptions for specific travel needs, for example we had an early flight flying out of Lima, so they arranged the hotel to arrange some early breakfast for us. In cusco, my wife had some breathing issue, and the guide was most helpful in the situation. They even stopped a bus full of other tourist to stop and get medicine for altitude sickness.

I would highly recommend pure best tour to anybody whoever is planning to explore the nice country. These guys know Peru inside out, and are one of the best in business.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Lima
Lima
Lima Region, Peru
Atlantic City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Peru Best Tours

Hello guys,

We would like to contact this company... Do you recommend any person in particular do deal with?

Burlington...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Peru Best Tours

Has anyone information on Peru Experience Travel Agency? I'm working with Morten.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peru Best Tours

We traveled to Peru in January 2014. We used Peru Best Tours to plan and book our trip. When first planning the trip, I contacted four tour agencies by e-mail, requesting information. Mike, at Peru Best Tours, was the first to respond. Based upon reviews and the quick response, we chose Peru Best Tours. At every point in our planning, Mike responded immediately with all information requested.

Our tour, of sixteen days, went as smoothly as the planning. The guides were there to meet us at every airport or bus stop. And they were there to get us back to the airport or bus stop. They were helpful and knowledgeable. The tours were so informative. The vans were of good quality and the drivers were excellent. The hotels were superb. We loved every minute of the trip.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
7. Re: Peru Best Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:04 pm, February 12, 2014

Atlantic City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Peru Best Tours

Suzie, not sure if your post is a response to my question above :) ...we are dealing with Fernando...been great so far...

Atlantic City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Peru Best Tours

Just back from Peru after a 2-week trip and wanted to share our experiences in the hopes that other TA posters might benefit as I have from people on this website. We (3 couples) ended up going with Peru Best Tours (www.perubesttours.com) and have to say it was the right decision.

Peru Best Tours was great to work with. We compared PBT with other companies and the information and quality of the responses to our questions were superior. Once in Peru, the hotels, all three stars, exceeded my expectations as did the quality of the Peru Best Tours staff. We were met at the airport by a Peru Best Tours representative and at every subsequent part of the trip, whether it was moving from one city to another or taking a day trip, the Peru Best Tours representative or guide was on time waiting for us. Would certainly recommend these guys for to anyone wanting to visit Peru.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Pasco, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Peru Best Tours

Wanted to share our experience with other travelers. I booked a trip to Peru through Peru Best Tours for six family members from Feb 19 through March 3 traveling to Cuzco, the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, Puerto Maldonado and Lima.

Peru Best Tours was great. Happy we made the decision.

The hotels, all of them, exceeded my expectations as did the quality of the Peru Best Tours staff. We were met at the airport by a PBT representative and at every subsequent part of the trip, always on time waiting for us. They assisted us in locating some lost luggage. Delta Airlines lost one of our bags on our flight to Peru. Eduardo at PBT took it upon himself to track down the bag. Peru Best Tours people were wonderful to work with.

Mentioned in this post
Peru
Peru
South America
Sacred Valley
Sacred Valley
Cusco Region, Peru
Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu
Sacred Valley, Peru
Puerto Maldonado
Puerto Maldonado