We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying pisco to take home

St Albans
Level Contributor
170 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Buying pisco to take home

In some places it's just as cheap to buy the local alcohol in normal shops than it is in duty free. Is that true of Peru?

If I buy in duty free I have to do that embarrassing thing of opening my suitcase in Miami on the way home, pouring the pisco into a plastic bottle and putting in my suitcase before taking it to the bag transfer desk. Otherwise I'll lose it at the security when I go for my Miami London flight

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,312 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying pisco to take home

It's cheaper in "normal shops" (much cheaper) compared to duty free. Why will you lose it? Is it banned in the UK? It's allowed to take alcohol to the US up to a certain amount in your checked baggage.

St Albans
Level Contributor
170 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying pisco to take home

Thanks.

I'll lose it if I buy it in duty free in Lima then go through security when I change planes in Miami. Hence the having to transfer it business. But if I buy it in a normal shop it can go straight in checked luggage

3. Re: Buying pisco to take home

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 19, 2014