We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chan Chan, Peru

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chan Chan, Peru

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone has booked a tour to Chan Chan, Peru with "getyourguide.com" on line?? Did you think they were good guides??

Also - is it possible to see Chan Chan and Huaca del sol y la luna the same day. I have about 6 hours in port at Salaverry.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Chan Chan
Chan Chan
1,363 Reviews
Trujillo, Peru
Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,810 posts
539 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chan Chan, Peru

Do not know the agency, but the visit of both places an be done on the same day.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chan Chan, Peru

O.K. - thanks for the help - maybe someone else will know them. I just didn't want to get "taken"

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chan Chan, Peru

Never use an internet agency that no one has ever heard of. All they are going to do is book you with a local guide anyways.

Does your cruise not have a package set up?

You can also hire a taxi at the port when you embark, there are guides available at the two ruins.

You might try a local agency such as trujillodelperu.com to get a quote and compare with what the ship offers. They offer packages from the port. Maybe you can find another couple to share their private tour.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chan Chan, Peru

Thanks. I wasn`t going to book until I knew if someone else knew them. I`ve read that several people have done the taxi thing.

5. Re: Chan Chan, Peru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 11, 2014