We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

Gypsum, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

How is the beach? Hotels? Restaurants? Safety?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

Most important is that Huanchaco more or less shuts down during the whole austral winter (now), due to unpleasant weather.

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

Huanchaco beach isn't that great. What is good is the seafood is great, the place is chilled, is close to Trujillo and the numerous ruins, so if Huanchaco didn't do it for you, other stuff might. The hotels are pretty good, especially the budget ones. Ask around, i'm sure you will have no probs if u go.

Huanchaco is famous for the reed canoes type boats.

Gypsum, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

Thanks a lot Chris. I want to know how is the beach. Is it nice, with warm water? White sand? Umbrellas or cabanas for public use? Close to hotels and restaurants? And, most importantly, is it safe?

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

If i was you i'd google it, there are plenty of photos. It's not much of a beach, and the water's not warm if i remember. Peru really isn't much of a place for your 'beach holidays' IMO.

Gypsum, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

I'll do some internet research. I just thought there might be someone in this site that could help me with more specific questions. Apparently people only go to Cusco and Lima while visiting Peru. Thanks.

jersey
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

A photo speaks more than a million words. I was being as helpful as possible.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

You could have just bumped up your previous thread: tripadvisor.com/…52414484

I don't understand why you keep asking if the sand is white. Obviously it is not, by the photos I linked to. I haven't been there in quite a while but other than the caballitos de totora I cannot remember anything of interest.

Gypsum, Colorado
Level Contributor
87 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

Because I can.

9. Re: I have tons of questions about Huanchaco: Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, August 31, 2014