We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

Hello,

Able to do a mini tour of my home country Colombia and visit Peru. In this visit to Macchu Picchu I have a debate of whether to purchase tickets in advanced for flight between Lima an Cuzco. The flight would be July 8 (Monday) returning July 13 (Saturday).

The dilemma comes due to the amount of air fare. Booking now through Expedia adding this flight is about $200 dollars. I am worried about the non Peruvian fee of about $200. I am pretty sure the price from Expedia is for locals as other fair are in the $400 dollar range. Or should I just book the flight once in Lima? I plan on arriving at Lima at 725 am.

The problem with the Bus to Cuzco is the time it takes plus a bit dangerous considering its rainy season. Any other advice would be great. Here is a copy of flight plans

Bogota,Lima (Monday arrival at) 725 am

Lima, Cuzco (Monday) 435 pm

Cuzco possible Curandero for Ayahuasca (Wednesda)

Cuzco, Aguas Calientes (Thursday)

Aguas Calientes visit Macchu Picchu and other Mountain Wayana (Friday)

Aguas Calientes, Cuzco (Friday)

Cuzco, Lima (Saturday) 735 am

Lima, Miami (Monday arrival at) 4pm

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13,813 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

Book ahead direct with the airline, not with Expedia. Then you do not have to worry about getting the wrong fare.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,311 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

July is the dry season. However since you are short on time, I agree with #1 recommendation.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

Thanks. More research is also leadin to buy ticket ahead of time. Thanks. Waiting for weekday for fair to lower alittle bit again.

4. Re: To Cuzco from Miami via Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 10, 2014