We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

Hi all - we are taking the vista dome from Cuzco- we have not allocated time to visit sacred valley- can you get any glimpses from the train? I've read and seen many pics - but thinking might give it a miss as doing just about everything else- wont be there on market days anyway. Could always do a day trip from Cuzco - or arrange to get the train from olly - but its it truly worth it?

Michigan
Destination Expert
for Peru
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

Yeah, it is worth it. How many days are you in the whole Cusco - MP area? A minimum of 6-7 days is recommended.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

You could always plan on taking the train from Ollantaytambo insted of Cusco and combine the travel between Cusco and Ollantaytambo with sightseeing in the Sacred Valley.

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

6 days and 5 nights, in Cuzco region which includes a night at Aguascalientes

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

A little tight but doable depending on flight times, I would try something like.

Day 1. Arrive in Cusco, relax and see the city, overnight in Cusco

Day 2. Early morning start, hire driver for the day, Visit Pisac in the morning, the Ollantaytambo and take a late train to AC, overnight in AC

Day 3. Visit Machu Picchu, take late train to Ollantaytambo, overnight in Ollantaytambo.

Day 4. Hire driver and visit Maras, Moray, and Chinchero in route to Cusco, overnight in Cusco.

Day 5. Take a city tour or hire a driver to visit Southren Valley, Overnight in Cusco

Day 6. Depart.

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

I have already booked a train from Cuzco to mp and back - so have to work around that. If I waggling to sacred valley would have to be one of the two days before the traing leaves for mp

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

Waggling = was going

Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

What if you move my day 5 to be after day one, does that work?

8. Re: Train from Cuzco to MP -sacred valley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 20, 2014