We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

usa
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

Has anyone traveled with World Expeditions? How do they rate?

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

Have not heard of them. There are many, many agencies often recommended on this forum that can do this trip for you.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

Yes, we went with World Expedtions from Australia and the trip was well organised in Peru. But they use Tambo Treks (as the local company) to do the actual tours there and I can't speak highly enough of the service that local company provided. You may save money by going directly to them. We had a big group -11 and I think World Expeditions struggled a little with the big numbers so I did have some issues with some of the service in Australia. But as I say it was probably because we were such a big group.

Coffs Harbour...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

I've travelled with a number of tour operators over the years, and travelled with World Expeditions in 2011.

I went to Everest Base Camp in November 2011 and had the experience of a lifetime, and a lot of that has to do with World Expeditions. They were professional and helpful pre-trip and the staff they had in Nepal were second to none. We had low cloud cover and were at risk of not getting the entire itinerary done as we couldn't fly into Lukla, and our guide, at no extra cost to us, organised for us to trek in from another starting point in order for us to be able to complete the original itinerary.

The sherpas were the fittest human beings I have ever met, and were forever patient with all of us, and always there to offer help when needed. The staff in Nepal spoke highly of World Expeditions as employers as well, which I have not found with other companies I have travelled with.

I would not travel with another company after having this experience as I am confident that my expectations will always be exceeded with World Expeditions.

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,252 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

I strongly recommend you use a Peruvian Tour company when comin g to Peru, the foreign company will sub contract a local one anyway, so why not cut the middle man.

usa
Level Contributor
10 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

Thank you all for this feedback. It is useful to me as I plan our trip.

6. Re: World expeditions? Cusco and Manchu pichu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 13, 2013