We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuoda Travel

Sarasota, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kuoda Travel

Just returned from a trip to Peru that was fantastic. My husband and I wanted a first-class, arranged tour for the two of us. Kuoda Travel, located in Cusco, made all the arrangements for us. The hotels, restaurants, sites visited were all outstanding - 5-star! Every detail was covered and the services provided were the finest. Our tour guide, Betsheila, was not only extremely knowledgeable, but caring, personable and highly professional. We felt like we made a long-time friend in Peru.

Although many of the sites visited were ones on a typical tour, we were able to customize the trip to our special interests. My husband wanted to hike the Inca Trail for one day - and he did so with our guide. I wanted to see more of the country's culture, so my guide took me up into a small community where I got to go into the home of an indigenous family who had me participate in a sheep blessing ritual and showed me their techniques for weaving. It was a fantastic experience. We also visited the home and factory of a famous artist. We explored the Marais salt mines and walked the steps of Inca ruins. We have traveled the world and this was truly a wonderful 8 days.

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuoda Travel

does kuoda tours pay you, or provide a discount on your tour price, if you post a review of their company?

or are they simply asking their clients to post reviews on tripadvisor?

the amount of reviews they receive here is far too high to simply be happy clients spontaneously writing in.

Sarasota, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuoda Travel

They did not pay me nor give me a discount on anything. In fact, our trip was highly expensive because we wound up staying in five star hotels. But, it was worth it. I had found Kuoda on Trip Advisor and was nervous about booking with them since they were an unknown and from Peru. We took a chance and it paid off. I told the owner that I was going to write on Trip Advisor and she sent me some links. The words and sentiments are entirely mine.

Ica, Peru
Level Contributor
920 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuoda Travel

OK, well, in that case I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Peru!

nebraska
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuoda Travel

We had some hiccups with Kuoda as with any agency. The Cusco, Scacred Valley & Machu Picchu part of the trip was great! Arequipa & Colca Canyon was OK. lima to Nazca lines--not so good.

The personal attention based out of Cusco was great! I think that is why people hesitate to post any negatives. But, I think people should be reminded to "shop arround".

Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuoda Travel

Kudos to Kuoda Travel. Our party of four chose Kuoda Travel as our tour arranger and guide for our October, 2011 one week trip to the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco. We did contact other tour guides for comparison. We were inclined to go with Kuoda early on in the planning stages due to their prompt replies to our email inquiries, the thoughtful way the itinerary was arranged based on our interests and budget. Before other companies had even responded to our initial inquiry, Kuoda already had a perliminary itinerary set so that we could start adjusting. They really took the worry out of the planning and their prompt replies to our emails continued right up to our arrival in Lima. Initial great service continued once we actually arrived. We had never traveled with a guide before and the experience was wonderful. We had five days with the same person who got to know us, what we were interested in and then proceeded to tailor his tours to us and our interests. We learned so much about Peru's history, geography, people, ecology, botany, politics...you name it, we learned it. We never had to worry about logistics, we just got to learn and enjoy. Thanks Kuoda for a fantastic trip. Joan Margeson and Ken Silk, Ann Arbor, MI.

Edited: 10:17 pm, November 07, 2011
Seattle
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuoda Travel

We used Kuoda for our 10 day Peru trip this past October. We were pleased with the result and their service. We would recommend them to freinds and family.

STCOLT

Steamboat Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuoda Travel

December 11 - 21, 2011

Kuoda Travel was fantastic!!! I would book with them again in a heartbeat. They made everything about our trip so easy and exceeded our expectations. From the first emails with Tom, who designed our trip, it was apparent that this was a professional, well organized company. Tom gave us a couple of different itineraries based on the limited time we had to spend in Peru and then based on our feed back and preferences, came up with three or four more plans before we decided on the Sacred Valley, the Inca Trail and tour of Cusco. Communication was quick and every question we had was answered.

When we landed in Cusco after a very long sleepless night of travel, we were met by Francis, our guide, and Jimmy, our driver in a very nice van with drinks, a hot meal and smiles.

Our guides, Francis, Hector and Flavio, were very knowledgeable and friendly and willing to share some personal stories which made us feel like we were learning some about the real Peru instead of just feeling like a pure tourist. Thank you.

Our hotels were amazing. We told Tom that we like places with personality rather than cookie cutter hotels. (I can stay at a Doubletree anytime.) Monasterio de la Recoleta in the Sacred Valley was a beautifully remodeled monastery with flower filled courtyards. Hotel El Mapi is a brand new, super modern style hotel in Aguas Calientes. A sharp but really neat contrast to its surroundings. And The Quinua Apartments in Cusco, WOW! We had an Inca wall running through the apartment! I could easily have moved right in.

Kuoda booked us with Llama Path tours for our 4 day/3night Inca Trail trek and they were fabulous, about as luxury as you could get on the trail. Four course meals by a great chef, the porters were always happy and smiling and Flavio, our guide, was like a Peruvian Bear Grylls with a sense of humor.

We also met a couple of the office staff, Edson and Mery (the owner). Both made us feel as if their only concern was making sure we were happy.

I could go on and on about Peru and Kuoda Travel but the bottom line is Go to Peru and book with Kuoda. You will not be disappointed!

Donna and Mitchell, Steamboat Springs, Colorado

cusco
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuoda Travel

Kuoda does have a good reputation but we never hear the negatives which is strange. All companies have at least one or two negatives. Also, Peru for Less seems to get only positives and I know they have negtatives. I just find it a bit strange. Anyhow, I think it is fair to hear both positive and negatives.

Yorktown, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Machu Picchu
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuoda Travel

What is not fair about reporting excellent service?

Generally, when people have a bad experience, they post -- about any company.

Sometimes, when people have a good experience, they post -- with any company.

The few negatives I've seen over the years about Kuoda have been quickly addressed. If a company goes above & beyond to give a positive experience, what is wrong with reporting it? And none of the companies can block negative feedback on TripAdvisor, as long as it follows TA guidelines.

Some jealousy or resentment here?

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
361 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuoda Travel

Here is another perspective....

Have no doubt Kuoda provide excellent service, but it comes at a price.......almost US$900 more (PER PERSON for an identical 6night/7day itinerary excluding flights!!!) than a couple of other agencies including Cultural Immersions!

In fact the price did not change when I downgraded the hotels they had suggested, and that was the primary reason I contacted the other companies.

Being an experienced independent traveler, I found the communication process with CI far superior.

We eventually did it on our own after our original plans to go with Cultural Immersions had to be cancelled due to personal reasons and we did not want to risk losing our booking deposits till we were sure we could continue with our trip. Can't really speak for their service on the ground but I know I would have preferred to risk it and upgrade to say the Monasterio and the Sanctuary Lodge, rather than pay that price differential:-)

Just to give an idea of costs involved we ended up spending US$1300 per person for the same itinerary with private guides even after splurging on the Inca Treasure package at the Sumaq Machu Pichu which alone was about US$800 for the both of us!! Our other hotels were the Ramada Costa Del Sol- Lima, El Albergue - Ollantaytambo and Andienes El Cielo in Cusco

My TR is long overdue..shall try and post it sometime soon.

Edited: 6:23 am, January 02, 2012