We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ayahuasca

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Ayahuasca

We are planning a trip to Peru in the near future. Of course, we will visit MP but we would also like to visit the jungle and have an ayauasca experience. Can anyone provide any info regarding this ceremony and how to be a part of it? Like most, we will be flying in to Lima and then to Cusco. Thanks for any help.

1. Re: Ayahuasca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:30 pm, February 08, 2016
Edited: 7:30 pm, February 08, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ayahuasca

Thanks for the info.

cusco
Level Contributor
568 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ayahuasca

Hi,

You can do Ayahuasca ceremonies in Puerto Maldonado with Don Ignacio and in Cusco with Wahca. You can contact them wahca@hotmail.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ayahuasca

Thank you

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ayahuasca

hello,you can also buy the ingredients on the net and di it yourself as well.these ayahuasca ceremonies are also getting quite commercial as well.all the info is on the net....etc

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ayahuasca

Thanks for the info. I have seen it on various websites and will probebly order it but my back yard doesn't compare to the Amazon rainforest. When you "commercialized", in what way? Is it something that every tourist does now?

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Ayahuasca

yes,basically lots of people are doing ayahuasca,because it's the thing YOU GOTTA DO when you're in the jungle sort of thing.trouble is that it's a very deep thing that really is much better understood if you do your internet studies beforehand ...good qiikkies are joe rogan talks about hemp,dmt,and marijuana on u tube...as well as terence mk kenna on dmt,on u tube...as well as madadventures,ayahuasca on u tube.dmt is what's in ayahuasca!

......personally i wouldn't pay more than 30 dollars to go on a ayahuasca trip,if it costs more for your "retreat" then as far as i'm concerned then this is a bussiness and nothing to do with connecting with the truth which ayahuasca is really all about. these retreats are now big bussiness,and quite frankly they've become extremely touristic...YUK,in big capital letters......!!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ayahuasca

Wow, I had no idea it was such a touristy thing to do. I totally agree with you in the sense that this is a spirtual "quest" and should be taken seriously. Thanks again.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ayahuasca

hello,well that's my opinion anyhow..i've seen the costs of these retreats,and they are expensive.if you get all the info and buy the products on the net ,etc..you can at least try at home first as a point of reference ...to see if ayahuasca really is your thing.you simply start on a light dose at first and work your way up.like i said there is a world of good info non the net about this...knowledge about how these plants work will enable you to master the ayahuasca like a shaman does,,,and you can then adjust it with different plants,etc ,like a shaman does as well.....

then if you do decide to go on a retreat you will at least have some previous experience to base it on,and less fear...and be able to relax and enjoy it more..and therefore learn more,etc.

at least once you've mastered how to make it yourself you won't need to keep on paying for those expensive retreat trips anymore...unless you NEED the jungle environment and a shaman at your side..because this is more of a tourist thing and not essential to the ayahuasca experience.....and it's not like once is enough either....it'll need to be done several times really to be of max benefit.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Ayahuasca

don't ignore magic mushrooms and mescaline,etc on your learning journey....ayahuasca isn't the only spirit opener there is etc.......they are all valid...how many years have yo got to devote to psychadelics............ho ho...there's lots...and they're all valid!!